Cat ckd food and a rant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you buy single cans of weruva Lambergini or glam n punk?
Both lamb and tuna
OK, so this step is working so far. My main objective is to get her eating mainly renal food. The Hill's renal kibble seems to be to her liking, and so I found(so far) that adding a bit of tuna pieces with juices for flavor and water and blending to a mash is what she loves right now. My fear is that the kibble will swell in her stomach with all the water she is drinking and she will regurgitate. The next hours will tell.
Tonight she gets a very small bit of regular non renal wet food.( she meows from hunger around 1 am)

next step, if the tuna menu fails is to try the lamb. The Wurevas I got today had chicken and lamb..she wouldn;t touch it. But I will try 1 can of tuna and lamb and we'll see.
Another suggestion I am grateful for.
:thanks:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fear is that the kibble will swell in her stomach with all the water she is drinking and she will regurgitate. The next hours will tell.
We have a regurgitator... if we add too much water to certain meals, they come right back. We have to feed her small meals, some of which come in installments despite being small!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a regurgitator... if we add too much water to certain meals, they come right back. We have to feed her small meals, some of which come in installments despite being small!
Same with my cat peaches but not Coco and maggie

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone know the sodium content of Simply Nourish Tuna Broth(clear,no pieces)
ingredients listed are:
fish broth,water,tuna,guar gum
Also doesn't say if onion or garlic were added .

I don't feel I should be giving my cat tuna which she loves straight from the can and flaked into her renal food because I watch the sodium content for my own diet.
I would like to use it as a moistener for renal kibble and keep the straight tuna down to twice a week.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone know the sodium content of Simply Nourish Tuna Broth(clear,no pieces)
ingredients listed are:
fish broth,water,tuna,guar gum
Also doesn't say if onion or garlic were added .

[/URL]

I don't feel I should be giving my cat tuna which she loves straight from the can and flaked into her renal food because I watch the sodium content for my own diet.
I would like to use it as a moistener for renal kibble and keep the straight tuna down to twice a week.
I wouldn't either. It gave my cat diaheria though some are not allergic to it but it is addicting. I might try bonito flakes

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ibd cat eats weruva and churu or tiki sticks
Weruva steak frites is very low in phosphorus. Most of their food is. Weruva has a lot of shredded chicken which she loves. I am waiting for weruva wx to come in single cans before trying it
I called the natick,ma office and they sent me 2 free cans of wx to try.