Cat Chronically Vomiting

katherynek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My two year old cat, Remy, was vomiting the first week of July one night and we found it in the morning. It was a greenish tint and liquidy. He eats our Money Tree but I read that it's not bad for cats. So we assumed that was why. We were actually leaving out of town and the next day our friends came over to feed and check up on him and they found three more spots of vomit. The following days he had stopped. Then two days ago he puked after eating only a few bites of his Wellness weight control wet food mixed with Wellness wet food. It was brownish and liquid. About four hours later he puked again but it was clear and a bit foamy. I'm assuming bile. Tonight I tried to reintroduce him to catnip tonight to see if he would react (he hasn't in the past) he ate probably a half a teaspoon out of my hand. 30 minutes later he puked again and this time it was thick and almost solid in shape. He hasn't ate since breakfast 11 hours ago. Do you think he has a major health problem?? He hasn't puked this much for the two years we've had him. I'm scared he may have a terminal illness or something :/ he has a vet appointment on a Saturday but I'm wanting to have an idea of what it could be and to see if it's an emergency. By the way - he doesn't seem to have any other symptoms.

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He could have some intestinal parasites- when was the last time he was dewormed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katherynek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That could be it. He hasn't been de-wormed since he was a kitten. We also introduce a new kitty a few months ago so it's very possible. If that's the case, is waiting until Saturday for the vet safe? Or is this life threatening?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katherynek

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He could have some intestinal parasites- when was the last time he was dewormed?
That could be it. He hasn't been de-wormed since he was a kitten. We also introduce a new kitty a few months ago so it's very possible. If that's the case, is waiting until Saturday for the vet safe? Or is this life threatening?

Ariel2611

Proud Mommy to Ariel and Snowy :-)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
My cat vomited 5-10 times a day before she passed away due to being poisoned probably by a plant when she was outside. Your cat may have become poisoned by another plant or toxic substance. I suggest taking him/her to the vet straight away. My cat stopped eating, starting vomiting, losing weight, sleeping all day etc...
She was given antibiotics, anti-vomit injections and subcutaneous fluids because she was dehydrated.
I 100% suggest taking your cat to the vet ASAP!!!