Cat chin acne

okayyuyxn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
6 month old cat started to grow acne on her chin…it’s spreading day by day. The area around her lips is now pink. I’ve tried wiping it with a clean cold cloth a couple times but I don’t know if it’s helping or not since it’s still getting worse. Any tips?

Attachments

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are now using stainless steel bowls instead of plastic or ceramic. Didn't notice much change in Junebug (now 17 years old) but the acne got better, slighly. We also use StrideX pads on her chin every now and then when it flares up. Those pads work tremendously. You can get more mileage from the pads by cutting them in half first.

Oddly, I hadn't had acne myself in 50 years, but while wearing masks for the last three years at work 8 hours a day, I have begun using those StrideX pads as well. It was a good purchase!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

okayyuyxn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What kind of food bowl are you using? I switched mine from plastic to a glass bowl and it’s helped tremendously. First pic was a few weeks ago vs a few days ago
I recently just switched about 4 days ago from a metal food bowl to a wider ceramic bowl. I suspected the metal one was causing her acne since it was a bit deep so we decided to switch but I’m not sure if it’s actually helping

I will be trying out the StrideX pads! Thank you so much :thanks: