Cat Carriers..

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I'd look at the suggest carriers, but make sure the handle would be comfortable to hold! I got one with a thin, metal handle and it HURTS when trying to carry a 16lb cat inside! lol

odiakkoh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Draco

I'd look at the suggest carriers, but make sure the handle would be comfortable to hold! I got one with a thin, metal handle and it HURTS when trying to carry a 16lb cat inside! lol
Lol true. I added extra padding to my Petmate for long trips. Using the default handle for a 15lb cat through the O'Hare airport was less than pleasant.

justjayde

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
His last one was the aforementioned with the top AND side door but he was just too heavy and the top was NOT safe for him any longer to carry. We had to carry it in awkward ways to make up for that and so that was crap.

Being a long kitty and weighing more than little housecats I had to go bigger.

I use the petmate kennel cab now - the intermediate size fits my boy quite well and he is a big boy.
The handles and clips are sturdy and I put the zip ties on the clips

IT ALSO has a seatbelt thingy on it and little compartments to carry things.

Kis loves it - I have photos and videos of him playing in it - it is plenty big enough for him to stand up, turn around, play, lay, etc. (He often lays in it on his own - he loves his kennel)

kittehtime

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ordered one! We'll see how it works out...i'll probably post a pic just in case someone else would like to see how it works.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittehTime

Has anyone had experience w/ "sleepypods"?
I have one... I won it in a contest. It is pretty nice, one of the best features is you can fully unzip the top part, and use it as a bed or just unzip it in order to easily get the pet out of the carrier (I do this at the vet sometimes.)
The main down side is the size, I have the larger size but it's still a bit small for some of my larger cats. One other thing that I don't like so much is that due to it being round and I guess the locations of the straps, if I carry it over my shoulder it rolls around a lot when I walk and it always wants to tip sideways.

Here are some photos:

(That's my Maine Coon Roxy, you can kinda see the size is a bit small for her.)

Originally Posted by bastetservant

I think a hard plastic carrier is much safer in case of an accident. Of course securing the carrier is a must inside a car. I've had several different kinds of carriers. I still have one that was purchased in 1960! All of them can be secured with the seatbelt through the handle.
I'm not so sure about that... Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpA79...layer_embedded

kittehtime

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cute pics
I like the colors of it, too. I ordered the black one.

I'm interested to see how it works for me. I expect it to move around a little like you mentioned because it is round. I liked the crash testing tho. It's nice to know that it's safe for car travel.