Cat carrier recommendations?

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@Chromium Blues I'm in the uk. I'd never heard of those brands before joining this site. A quick search online only brings up one uk stockist - amazon uk - and they list them all as currently unavailable. I think a lot of brands commonplace in US and Canada are hard-impossible to find in th UK
I thought Vari-Kennels would be an easy one to find, because I know people use them to ship animals around the world. One person said the breeder they were getting the dog from insisted on it. They're tough as nails, those things (unlike their cheaper cousins, the Furrari...) I would've thought it would be easy to find a good crate in the UK - you seem like such nice cat people over there.

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We need American friends who would buy and ship to the UK for us hehehe [emoji]128516[/emoji] [emoji]128513[/emoji] [emoji]128516[/emoji]

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, there are good crates over here (the ones I mentioned are all airline safe shipping crates)- we just have different brands. I'm really annoyed that Pet Voyageur changed their design though...they made such sturdy ones before. I'll never understand companies changing designs that work really well :rolleyes:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got it from amazon. Can you should be able to order from amazon, right??

Here's the link, I saved it in my wish list on amazon. It says it's unavailable right now, but you can have them email you when it's available again. 

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got it from amazon. Can you should be able to order from amazon, right??

Here's the link, I saved it in my wish list on amazon. It says it's unavailable right now, but you can have them email you when it's available again. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CSA86K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2L7QMWTH1UL1K&coliid=I7HO45299JCCW
I got it from amazon. Can you should be able to order from amazon, right??[/COLOR

Here's the link, I saved it in my wish list on amazon. It says it's unavailable right now, but you can have them email you when it's available again. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CSA86K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2L7QMWTH1UL1K&coliid=I7HO45299JCCW

I've done it. Hopefully they'll get some more soon and deliver to the UK!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what's nice about amazon too. How they show similar items at the bottom of the page, so you can compare shop.

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah. It's going to have to be for my boy when he's fully grown hahaha [emoji]128514[/emoji] [emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]9786[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji]

amyrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gonna go for this maybe
My sister (in England) has the beige/orange one of that Catit carrier.  I have the grey one and have to say I don't find it sturdy as it seems to bend and pull at the joints.  The reviews on here explain it better than I can but I would recommend you keep searching and be absolutely sure.  I absolutely loathe the thing.

$50 for a carrier I can only now use as a temp emergency feral cat/kitten house.  Another $100 for another 2 carriers for my 12lb boys. ;}

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My sister (in England) has the beige/orange one of that Catit carrier.  I have the grey one and have to say I don't find it sturdy as it seems to bend and pull at the joints.  The reviews on here explain it better than I can but I would recommend you keep searching and be absolutely sure.  I absolutely loathe the thing.

$50 for a carrier I can only now use as a temp emergency feral cat/kitten house.  Another $100 for another 2 carriers for my 12lb boys. ;}
http://www.amazon.com/Catit-Design-Cabrio-Multi-Functional-Carrier/dp/B005JFG9EW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429055244&sr=8-1&keywords=catit+carrier
Oh gosh! Thank you for that, think I shall keep looking as my boy is gonna be huge!