Cat can't hold down food, constant vomiting

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any updates? My cat, Pig is now vomitting and can't keep food down.
Best if you start your own thread as this one is 6 yrs old.

Please be sure to give all details, including your cat's age, her diet, fixed, inside or out, everything, this will help us help you better!

At the top on the left under the thread title you will see start your own thread box, click there.

Be sure to include what the cat has been on during it's life, etc.

Barret

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let this be a cautionary tale to anyone looking to get a cat or any pet for that matter. DO NOT GET A PET IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD A VET BILL. You are responsible for them. They are family.
I just put my sweet kitty cat down last week.

She was an indoor/ outdoor cat we had for 6 years. She rarely left the yard and I would sit on the front porch with her continually throughout the day and night and bring her in when it was too cold or hot.

I did not see her for about 6 days. I was baffled. Every night I walked the property and the surrounding area calling for her (she came when she was called like a puppy).

On the evening of the 6th day she came walking to me very slowly, seeming to come from nowhere. She looked very weak and actually, I thought, gaunt. I rushed her to the front porch and gave her some food. She ate like a starving animal then immediately puked it up, then tried to eat what she puked up. It was heart breaking.

This went on for a few days (I had to wait for my monthly check to come in to afford a vet).

She couldn't keep food down. I took her to the vet after a few days and they gave some de-worming meds and some medicine to help with any blockages. I could not afford the tests they said they needed to take to make sure what was wrong with her.

I took her home, but after 4 days she was still puking and eating the puke then puking it back up.

I knew she was a goner. I took her to the vet and we put her down.

You'll never know how badly that hurt me and my 15 year old son. She was our best friend.

I don't know what happened to her, but I'm guessing she was trapped or imprisoned somewhere where she couldn't eat. She had ALL her shots and I even had her microchipped so she wasn't neglected.

I will never know what happened to her because I'm too poor for the tests they needed to do.

If you have the money to take your cat to a vet in this situation I would not recommend waiting even ONE day!

Really, you shouldn't even have a cat if you can't afford these things, (let's be honest) but we took Lizzie in when she was a stray kitten and I did what I could for her, her whole life.

I'm a disabled, retired vet living on a small fixed income with a kid. I blame myself for not being able to help Lizzie.

If you have the means to help your cat when they are puking like this, SHAME on you for not rushing them right to the vet. Think of poor Lizzie. All she wanted to do was roam the yard and love on us. We let her down.

Yours truly
A big burly cat lover...