Cat butt in face in morning?

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I woke up a few times this morning to my cat trying to put her butt in my face. O_O She's never done this before to try to wake me up. The weird funny thing is I was just thinking the other day that I was lucky that my cat didn't put her butt in my face much. Do you think this means anything or was my cat just trying a new way to wake me up?

Almost a week ago she was constipated...had a little poop stuck in & out of her butt. Fortunately, the next day she pooped or else I would have taken her to the vet.

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've heard the Butt In the Face thing is one of the ways cats say I LOVE YOU! My cat does a similar thing in the morning where he'll sit near the top of my head and whip his tail on my face, probably saying, "WAKE UP HUMAN AND FEED ME!!!"

I'm glad she pooped though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BonitaBaby

Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Mingking, oh! I hope so! :D I love her so much! I guess I'll hope for more of her butt in my face. Hahaha.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I've heard the Butt In the Face thing is one of the ways cats say I LOVE YOU! My cat does a similar thing in the morning where he'll sit near the top of my head and whip his tail on my face, probably saying, "WAKE UP HUMAN AND FEED ME!!!"

I'm glad she pooped though!
Yeah, another example is when they  put their rear end to your face, when you want to pet them.   They do give an occasion to sniff them, as tey do with good friends.

So myself I blew a tiny little on the behind, it feels for them as if I breathe = smell.   They become immediately contend, and turn around for the usual pet.   :)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Well if a butt in the face means "I love you", Nilah absolutely adores me and everyone she meets..
   It's embarrassing.

She's such a gentle, elegant cat but she will inevitably face her butt to you and quiver her tail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BonitaBaby

Alpha Cat
Purraise
she will inevitably face her butt to you and quiver her tail.
Aww! :bawling: Wah! I never get to see my cat quiver her tail because I yelled, "No!", at her the first time she ever did it. She actually listens when I say, "No!" She's such a good kitty. The first time I ever let her into my bedroom, she explored and then stood there like she was thinking to herself and started quivering her tail. I freaked out because I thought it meant she was going to spray pee. :doh3: Now she's never quivered her tail in front of me again. :sigh:

She must think I'm crazy. I don't want her quivering her tail to show she's happy and I don't want her shoving her butt in my face to say she loves me. I yelled, "No!", at her yesterday morning so now she probably won't do it again.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
   I know what you mean about the spraying potential, but in my experience a good tail quiver means happiness. 

Nilah, though, sends out some odd messages as her tail is constantly moving and so people assume she's angry.  She's not;  she just has a really hyperactive tail.