Cat brother fight after bathed

lovelyalaskan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my cats need help!
I have 2 silbling cats who live together very close. It been 3 years till now. I discovered that this is the third time my big cat attached my little one after bathed. My big one is seems to be scare, try to smell everything in the house (I guess to find the old smell of the little cat). Do you think because of shampoo smell make him like this? Even I use it for 3 years now. I dont know what to do, it been a day when they fight to the other. How can I get rid of that smell fastest?
Thank you guys so much. Sorry about my English mistakes

fornana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bathing is very stressful for many cats. It could be he channels all that stress at the little one; redirected aggression. 

Maybe you should bath the big one, and then separate the little one; place him in a room for a day. Additionally, get one of the little's one  favorite blankets, or wipe a cloth over him, to get his smell, and then rub the cloth on the big one. 

Definitely award the cats with treats after, before, and possibly during their baths. That way they may associate it with something pleasant. 

Are both the cats neutered? If not it may be a good idea to get them that surgery; it will help with aggression. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovelyalaskan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you @forhana
My big cat is already neutered but not yet my little cat. My little cat is 3 years old. I will take him to the vet for surgery soon.