Cat booties for clawing during baths

ahria

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there!  I'm in the nasty position of having to bathe two of these regularly (twice a week indefinitely).  It's ringworm, so I've got no choice here.

Thing is, it's cold here and they hate water and they double hate shampoo and they won't hold still for the towel and they triple hate the hairdryer.  Unfortunately I have no time or support to get them accustomed to any of this in any kind of good way and I would much rather not have to do it, but here we are.  I have to be able to get the shampoo in there for ten minutes, and more importantly I have to be able to get it out, and it'd be nice to also be able to get them fully dried.

Also, I would like to keep my hands.  I value them.

So does anyone know of something to cut down on the clawing?  Fore AND hind paws, I have too many scars from different cats already to underestimate the back end.  Soft Claws/Paws sound nice, but my concern is that the adhesive won't hold up to bathing, does anyone know on that?  And alternatively I'd rather be able to strap some booties on them for the bath and pull them off after; I have scratching posts and old furniture, I don't begrudge them some meddling.

Thanks for any help!  And sorry if this sounds callous, but in this case I'm just not going to be able to be as gentle as I'd rather be--them going through this now will make it easier on them when they don't have to put up with the ringworm!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really think your best bet is soft paws or nothing (except maybe kevlar body armour ;) !). I say this because ringworm is highly contagious and I wouldn't want to skip washing their paws...just missing them out of the treatment could mean you have to do the whole process over. I'm sure I saw an episode of My Cat From Hell where they put soft paws on a hairless cat that needed regular bathing, so I would think they'd last through the treatments ok.

Hope you manage to get the ringworm cleared up quickly :vibes:

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You could clip their claws short. Putting a towel in the bottom of the tub to give them traction might help calm them down a bit.

detmut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New Orleans area (Metairie), Louisiana, United Sta

Hey there!  I'm in the nasty position of having to bathe two of these regularly (twice a week indefinitely).  It's ringworm, so I've got no choice here.

Thing is, it's cold here and they hate water and they double hate shampoo and they won't hold still for the towel and they triple hate the hairdryer.  Unfortunately I have no time or support to get them accustomed to any of this in any kind of good way and I would much rather not have to do it, but here we are.  I have to be able to get the shampoo in there for ten minutes, and more importantly I have to be able to get it out, and it'd be nice to also be able to get them fully dried.

Also, I would like to keep my hands.  I value them.

So does anyone know of something to cut down on the clawing?  Fore AND hind paws, I have too many scars from different cats already to underestimate the back end.  Soft Claws/Paws sound nice, but my concern is that the adhesive won't hold up to bathing, does anyone know on that?  And alternatively I'd rather be able to strap some booties on them for the bath and pull them off after; I have scratching posts and old furniture, I don't begrudge them some meddling.

Thanks for any help!  And sorry if this sounds callous, but in this case I'm just not going to be able to be as gentle as I'd rather be--them going through this now will make it easier on them when they don't have to put up with the ringworm!
have you tried dog booties? 

do you have good gloves?