Cat Boarding/Sitting in Boston

pusheen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any Bostonian cat-lovers around? I have an urgent trip in December that can't be postponed or put-off, but it's so long (18 days) that I am unwilling to board my cat at his vet. But I can't find any boarding facility that seems to care for cats properly. I have checked out Boston Red Dog Spa, but their cat enclosures are 2ft x 2ft, and they won't give your cat any attention unless you pay an extra 50% of the boarding cost per day.

I am also not having any luck finding a pet sitter who will either visit my home twice (or thrice) a day to be with Christopher, or will accept Christopher into their home for a couple of weeks.

Chris is a semi-needy semi-chatterbox 10-year-old Siamese, and I am very worried that without at least 30 minutes of attention from another human being each day while I am gone, he'll become morose. It's quite a long time for him to be away from home, which is why I wanted a proper cat care facility, but surprisingly, Boston doesn't seem to have many (or any).

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have the name of a pet sitter you can try. I'll post it tonight when I am home. The pet sitter is a former vet tech for my vet.

In the meantime, try other boarding places. I have used Toureen Pet Resort and Spa before. It's just outside of Boston. The cat cages are multi-story and there is playtime outside of the cage. The cages can be connected to each other so cats from the same family can be together. Playtime is included. Angell Animal Medical Center has boarding as well. I think it's just a typical one story cage, though, and there are optional services at additional cost (special treats, grooming, etc).

Try this recent Boston.com article with slideshow of other boarding places: http://www.boston.com/life/pets/201...nels-boston/mqfBHuREDAbKzoAnRNY2WK/story.html

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pusheen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This person has very good reviews and may be worth checking out -

http://www.yelp.com/biz/just-4-cats-boston?osq=cat+boarding
She seems so  awesome, but I reached out to her a month ago and she doesn't serve my area of Boston. Which is often true with pet sitters, sadly. I live near Boston's airport and it's a bit out of reach of the more common suburbs. 

I have the name of a pet sitter you can try. I'll post it tonight when I am home. The pet sitter is a former vet tech for my vet.

In the meantime, try other boarding places. I have used Toureen Pet Resort and Spa before. It's just outside of Boston. The cat cages are multi-story and there is playtime outside of the cage. The cages can be connected to each other so cats from the same family can be together. Playtime is included. Angell Animal Medical Center has boarding as well. I think it's just a typical one story cage, though, and there are optional services at additional cost (special treats, grooming, etc).

Try this recent Boston.com article with slideshow of other boarding places: http://www.boston.com/life/pets/201...nels-boston/mqfBHuREDAbKzoAnRNY2WK/story.html
Oh, I didn't think to check with Angell/MSPCA. And I would love to check with the pet sitter you mentioned! 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you ask your Vet? Sometimes they have ideas or one to the Vet Techs will do pet sitting. I know my Vet has one of their techs involved in her own pet sitting business....Or they may be able to give you some ideas. Or even a humane society. 

That was just a thought. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Any luck yet? If you are around the Saugus area, one of the techs at my Vets does some pet sitting. PM me if you are interested