cat blood PH

petdefender

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!I have a female cat that I'm trying to increase the pH in order to try to make the body alkaline. I'm trying a holistic techniques of last resource given her health case be a terminal cancer but I would like to try everything, she still eats alone and shows no signs of the tumor to be affecting the brain. Her left eye is big as a golf ball and it seems is spreading to her right one, the left nostril is blocked with a black mass. It goes against me believes making her last days difficult, but if I can extend her life, a minute of "torture" it maybe will improve a entire day.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you make it to alkaline you may end up with other issues.  This is best done with a vet who has either done the research or has experience.

I can not help you with what you are doing as I do not have the experence but I would advise you to be in close contact with a 24 hour vet so that if this gets painful or she collapses you can get her right in for the final gift of a fast peaceful letting go.

Cancer can move very fast and when you are talking in head it may be walking one hour and not the next.  I had a cat who had brain issue and it was fast.  He also had trouble breathing on vet trip in due to location.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

petdefender

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This was a 16 days ago. Now it's getting bigger.I'm giving her vitamins and a biological supplement. I know cat's are different from people...maybe they have a immune system unresponsive to the alkaloids or maybe after all for humans is just a placebo. Anyway chemo does not give a cure, and there is other ways to save animals with cancer, but just like in humans is all about lots of money.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she under vet care?  Even if you choose to do nothing she needs a vet visit at least to just monitor her and give you an unattached view of how she is feeling.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you need help in finding a natural minded vet?  If you put your state someone may have a vet close by for you to arrange a visit with.

petdefender

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately I can not afford to pay to a vet, I' have more 17 cats to care for., furthermore she is afraid to go to the vet. She as this sense September 2012, started with a runny nose to bloody sneezing and I had consultations in 3 clinics to say that was a flu, herpes virus and maybe a fungi called aspergillosis. After a shot of convenia the mass never stopped growing.  Them I wend to another vet that made a cytology and said it was not worth doing surgery and chemotherapy would only give her a few months. Another issue in my country, is that most vets here are not reliable they want money first over a animals life.

petdefender

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I ´m from Portugal...we lack in modern medicine and holistic vets I don´t think they exist here. I´ts not a matter of natural remedies is a matter of consciousness about life, because I know that cancer is curable, but only want to sell radiotherapy and chemotherapy and don´t know more beyond that which allow them to.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as we hate to think of it vets are a business.  Unlike a human hospital that can get state funding a vet will go bankrupt if they do not charge. 

This cat has a serious issue.  This is going to continue to grow and put more pressure and pain on this cat.  I too have many cats but you need to figure out a way for at least a basic exam/evaluate her level of pain is and what can be offered far as pain control.  She deserves to at least have that.  If that is really not a option in the near future I think you need to think about what is best for her.  If this get infected she will be in alot more pain.  As it continues to grow it will bother her more and more.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May not be as common but if you ask around various vets/look on google you will find someone who knows or is willing to phone consult with vet based somewhere else.  But even that is going to require a vet exam fee locally.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree about getting her professional help,  because she could be in great pain and cats are known for hiding it.

Try ringing some vets to explain your situation and some may work out a payment scheme, but please for the sake of your cat,don't let her suffer and find her a vet

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At this point, all you can do is make her as comfortable as possible. I don't know if this is the cancer she has, but it seems likely: https://www.addl.purdue.edu/newsletters/2006/summer/FOS.htm

If you can manage just a vet visit, you might want to discuss pain medication you can administer at home to make her comfortable. Here in the States, they often prescribe buprenorphine, which is a liquid given by mouth once a day.

In the meantime, I think the best thing to do is just support her immune system. If you can find a supplement called lactoferrin, usually sold in 250mg dosage, you can sprinkle one capsule on some wet food or meat, she should just eat it as it doesn't have much taste and isn't bitter. It also has anti-cancer properties.

Vitamin D has also shown strong anti-cancer action. A great source of vitamin D that you should have access to is egg yolks and sardines. You can feed her 2 - 3 egg yolks weekly; you can also give her a small sardine (either fresh, or tinned in water with no salt) several times a week.

Another supplement you should be able to find is turmeric. http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-active-page-link.aspx?n=1571

The curcumin in turmeric has potent anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties. It works best in combination with piperine (a component of black pepper), but I don't know that you'll be able to find that, and I don't recommend using black pepper. It would be best to find a supplement with standardized curcumin. Though this article is about FIV kitties, I believe the dose for cancer therapy would be the same: http://www.fivtherapy.com/curcumin.htm Again - this is using standardized curcumin, not just the plain spice turmeric. Dr. Weil suggests using turmeric, not curcumin alone, but doesn't list a dose for pets, just humans: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400915/Curcumin-or-Turmeric.html Given a cat weighs about 1/10 of a human, I'd suggest 1/10 of a human dose.

Here is another suggested method of figuring the dose of turmeric for your cat: http://www.justanswer.com/cat-health/6d8xt-hi-is-recommended-safe-healthy-cat-sprinkled.html

Many vibes for you and your kitty. :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

petdefender

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks to all of you.

What I have done at the moment and declare that anyone should not try this approach because it is not possible to confirm in humans or in animals that we can obtain a cure for cancer.

My kitten is 3 years old, she will make 4 in September. I started by the vet recommendation the administration of amoxicillin + clavulanate 50 mg to fight any infection and if she loses her appetite to give her Prednisone, but I notice a circumstantial increase in the mass and started earlier with prednisolone 1 tablet them 1 and 1/2 tablet and it reduced the growing. I searched the net for alternative cures and found the method of Jim Kelmun baking soda and maple syrup http://www.quantumbalancing.com/kelmun_protocol.htm.Maple syrup is hard to find here and can cost 25€ 500ml so I tried with brown sugar diluted in 1 part water and 2 of brown sugar to 1 of baking soda. A few days later I discovered that the effect would be to make the PH alkaline  and possibly inject the cancer cells with the baking soda in order to kill or weaken the cells(note that I do not know if a lymphoma is the same as another type of cancer, still investigating). I read that Pau D'arco has Lapachol which had some clinical studies assumed by cancer.org which they stated:
One of the active ingredients in pau d’arco that has been studied is called lapachol. In laboratory animals, lapachol was found to act against malaria and certain kinds of animal tumor cells, such as sarcoma, but it did not have an effect against other kinds of cancer, including leukemia and adenocarcinoma. Some studies in rodents have also shown that higher doses of lapachol can promote cancer metastasis (spread), as well as cause changes in DNA that might promote cancer. Further studies would be required to determine whether these results apply to humans.
"Some studies in rodents have also shown that higher doses of lapachol can promote cancer metastasis (spread), as well as cause changes in DNA that might promote cancer." right we know only chemotherapy can save lifes while it kills the good cells. So I am giving her something like 1/2 of a tea spoon in 20 ml of water. No visible side effects only a mucus from the good eye which I believe is from the lymphoma spreading, also give her a vitamin paste and MSM (I am taking my self, and it haves some little effects).

This is just a resume of what I have tried, no remission. When I give some baking soda sometimes it seemed she was drugged acting more cheerful.

LDG thanks for the info I will read about it and see if there is still time to try other things.

I know we should always see a professional, but my country is in a deep recession, all clinics have a few customers, if they see an opportunity of making money they leave us empty pockets, owners are abandoning animals claiming they can not feed them and care for them. I struggle daily to feed my cats, I own abdicate everything that is not food or eat 3 meals a day. It's survival at all time!

Once more, if you can and have money to care for your pet's don't try anything without a vet advice.If you can´t support the costs, sell something it´s a life in your hands and an object you can buy more of the same later and your pet is unique!!

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Few thigns to keep in mind.

If cat turns to alkaline it will get urine crystals.  Not sure how fast/much you are going alkaline but if she has trouble peeing that may be cause.

Baking soda may cause issues from salt-blood pressure/swelling/heart issue.  That may be the drugged affect you saw.

Prednisone can make a cats blood sugar go up.  Watch for strange breath smell, drinking alot of water, eating but losing weight, peeing alot.  As sugar maintains being to high the cat will act very lethargic and not move.  High enough and long enough cats body will shut down and it will die.

If you are injecting anything in your cat you run the risk of infection from it not being sterile.  Not the actual packaged needle but the stuff going in.  That is quite iffy. Even vaccines animals are given run a risk.

petdefender

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's a strange fact, that Prednisolone is used in chemo if it can help the cancer to feed from sugar, I think it does that.

I was looking in the web a way to get more oxygen at least to help keep going.

She ate all her dinner with vitamins she is drinking some water to, all of this by her own, could it be from the treatment?She was diagnosed a 1 month and 2 weeks.

I have afraid if I get her off from Prednisone that the tumor gets bigger. There was another chem that I fond it was DCA but looks like people forgotten about it.

Ok, chemo does not give hope of a cure, only a few months and is expensive. There must be a way to treat or slow down this disease. They say the cancer thrives in acid system and sugar. If there is less of this both in the body, plus another agent that makes the body kill the weakened cells. There is no vet that will put is carer in danger to test an animal being treated with alternative medicine, so theres no way to know if I am going in the right direction.

petdefender

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need some advice in holistic treatment for lymphoma as I am in a situation of struggle against time, still did not get digesting whole the information and lots of doubts appear.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not sure what your questions are.  Have you already been to see a holistic Vet, are you wondering if you SHOULD see a holistic Vet, do you need to know how to FIND a holistic Vet, or what? 

BTW, we do have one member whose cat was diagnosed with Lymphoma over 2 years ago, who rec'd chemo and who also worked hand in hand with a holistic vet, and her cat is still alive now, even though she was told the chemo would only extend his life for a short time. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
A message from TCS:
Please refer to the forum rules:

No online advice can replace direct veterinary intervention. If you suspect that your cat may be ill, please contact your vet immediately. You are welcome to look for advice in the health forum while waiting for that appointment, but never delay proper veterinary care waiting for Internet advice. Remember that cats, and especially kittens, are very adept in keeping pain to themselves and delaying treatment may cause irreversible damage.

Information given by posters here are not based on your pet’s full history, and are by people who most likely do not have a degree in veterinary medicine. There are many home remedies, as well as approved veterinary treatments for cat health problems that may work for one cat, but be lethal for another cat. Please discuss any potential treatments with your vet first to ensure you are treating the right problem, and not potentially making it worse.

Last edited:

petdefender

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know there is a few holistic vets in my country but they are very recent and far from my city and also I don´t have money to pay for a treatment. I haven´t saw a holistic vet, I am using the human natural remedies I saw in the Internet, don´t know if this is the right treatment sense I don´t see any remission and looks like is getting ugly.

As I was told,if chemo does not cure a cancer, them maybe holistic medicine can do something to help.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly if this was my cat and I could not have her evaluated once at this time,can not find a shelter or clinic willing to work payments out or treat at fee I could afford I would find a way for her to be euthanized at some point in the future as this will more then likely not be a fast relativly pain free death.  This is going to get worse and if you can not for whatever reason get her into a regular vet for just a exam/physical look with no testing I think you are out of touch to attempt any home treatment with no vet advice to talk ideas out with.  They may work but this cat needs to have a way to be relieved from her pain if anything goes wrong.  I fear you will be posting a HELP MY CAT IS DYING post at some point.  Not being negative just being honest. 

You need to think of what happens as this all progresses. If she decides to stop eating it may take many days for death to come.  I understand you are not in US/UK but there ARE options to some extent you need to dig them up. You need to contact EVERY place you can find.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the record many human remedies are toxic to cats.  Tylenol and other common pain killers we pop a few off will easily kill a cat.  PLants are also a common issue-some can easily kill a cat