Cat bleeding and no kittens found

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tizzyz_mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey,

Sorry i haven't been back since last time. I have been busy.

I took Tizzy to the vets nad she did have kittens in her. But they were dead. She had a oparation to get them out. She had 3. 2 black and white and one tabby.

She is ok now except her tummy is big. My mum thinks she is pregnant again but i don't think she is as she can't be. Anyway...

Sorry i never got back to you.

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tizzyz_mum

Hey,

I took Tizzy to the vets nad she did have kittens in her. But they were dead. She had a oparation to get them out. She had 3. 2 black and white and one tabby.

She is ok now except her tummy is big. My mum thinks she is pregnant again but i don't think she is as she can't be. Anyway...

I'm sorry about the kittens, but its great that you were able to get her in to the vet to get checked. Has she been outside since the operation? I'm by no means an expert, but from what I've learned on this site they can get pregnant VERY quickly after being pregnant and having the kittens. So if she has been outside since all this happened, and has not been fixed, it might be possible for her to be pregnant again. (Unless by you saying "she can't be" you mean she was fixed.) Hope everything gets back to normal soon!

tizzyz_mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey,

Yeah she's been outside and she probably has a lot of boyfriends lol.

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure someone who knows more will be by soon. But if you can, please try and keep her inside right now! If she's not pregnant right now and you let her keep going outside she will be pregnant soon. Have you looked into getting her fixed? I'm just a little older than you, so I know money may be an issue, but a lot of places have low-cost spaying and neutering. You can also go by your local humane society and shelters and see if they would help with the cost. By the way, I hope to see pictures of your kitty soon!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad she is ok.........

Yeah she's been outside and she probably has a lot of boyfriends lol.
Please get her fixed... It is not funny when kittens and the mama have a hard life and just keep reproducing over and over.... When they are feral it is one thing. And many people try to help these poor feral kitties so their life will be better. But when they have an owner, it is an entirely different situation when the owner does not assume responsibility for the situation and keeps allowing their cat to get pregnant over and over.

It is very hard on this young little mama to have relationships with male cats after surgery. It could hurt her. I for one do not find this amusing that she has lots of boyfriends. I feel sorry for her that her humans won't be more responsible.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tizzyz_mum

Hey,

Are you certain that she wasn't spayed when the vet removed the dead kittens???

I would certainly keep her indoors only for now.

Katie

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If her belly is looking big...I fear she has an infection. Please call the vet back, and for goodness sake keep her inside until she heals from the surgery! Cats are induced ovulators, and if she was not spayed, a male could impregnate her! Do you realize how dangerous that would be when she has not even recovered from the surgery yet?!?

I'm sure you love your kitty...it sounds to me like she needs to see the vet again right away!

bluebells belly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You sound like such a sweet young lady but you do need to do the mature thing and get her spayed asap. I think you are in UK right? Phone the cats protection league, they fund spaying for people on benefits/students or have difficulty paying 08702 099 099 Good luck!

tizzyz_mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey,

Sorry i haven't been on this board for a while, i've had a lot happen. I hope your all ok.

My cat got knocked over and now is in heaven as she didn't survive. She had her leg snapped in half and internal bleeding. She didn't have a chance in hell to recover to be honest with you. She looked so bad.

I had to break the news to my little brother (the owner of the cat, he's only nearly 2) but luckly he didn't understand but it was upsetting. I told my best mate, she was the first one i told and she helped me through it all. So thanks - *Alfie*

We have now adopted a black and white cat ( who was a stray ) and i think it's a she. I have named her Tizzy 2 so my brother still thinks it's the other cat but i'm sure he has an idea now. She is lovely and very cuddly. She sleeps with me in bed and Charlie (my brother) loves her.

Anyway thanks for the support and the answers, i will try and get a picture of Tizzy and Tizzy 2 for you all. Thanks again, Becky xx

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bluebells Belly

You sound like such a sweet young lady but you do need to do the mature thing and get her spayed asap. I think you are in UK right? Phone the cats protection league, they fund spaying for people on benefits/students or have difficulty paying 08702 099 099 Good luck!
Please call the cats protection league so the new Tizzy can get her vaccinations and get spayed.

I didn't understand what you said about Tizzy's death...being knocked over and all. But it sounds like her initial terrible time with losing all the kittens and almost dying was followed by a very painful death. I feel very bad for her. She has found her peace now, over in kitty heaven.