Cat bitten me!

kellyann1980

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On Wednesday June 17/09 I've got bitten by a cat. It was bad, he got me good. It drew lots of blood, it is an open cut. I did wash the wound out with the brown stuff. I didn't go to the hospital. I work at the animal shelter. I had to fill out an accident report on the cat. The bite still hasn't heal completely yet. Around the bite wound it is red, is that normal? I hope the bite is not infected. should I be concern? How long does it take for the bite wound to heal? How do you know if it is infected?

Thanks for your time?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cat bite infections can be serious.
A cat's teeth will deposit bacteria deep into your tissue which can easily become a dangerous systemic infection.
Even though it has been several days, I would still consider this an emergency because it is red....
please have a doctor check it right away.
Better safe than sorry.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've an infection which is normal with cat bites as they go so deep. If you haven't had a tetanus shot in the last ten years you need to go get a booster. Soaking the bite in Epsom salts is a good way to get some relief from the pain but you still need to see a doctor. I've been bitten by cats, dogs, rodents and horses and think the cat's bite hurts the worst!