Cat biting herself (bleeding) on a nodular mass - refusing medication - photo

jmeeko10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is siamese mix tabby .. yes his mom is siamese and his dad is tabby .. no i dont have his parents here no :) .. my mom got him and gift to me :) 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He certainly bas a tabby face!! (Noy so much like lucy on that end).
Lucy is a persan.

jmeeko10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ahh about your cat breed :) .. hope your cat is doing okay and feel better :) your cat look so pretty :) 

jmeeko10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
haha lol it was from the string that I pulled and he staring at it lol :D cause I was trying get him get up not laying so I can take a picture :D lol 

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone today we officially removed the collar off lucy. Her wound is healed and there are no signs of a returning tumour.

I will need to keep observing though.

She was super evil at the vet's today and continued beeting me even when we returned home.

I am so relieved to know ahe is fine but I hope she calms down!!

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok she is crazy!

My mom called me to go see her because she heard her licking herself violently. I went and saw light blood where the operation wound is.

I put the collar back....

Seriously?!

Ahhh this is frustrating

I can't understand what she wants

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!  
  I'm so sorry to hear she won't leave it alone!  

I wonder if the spot is still bothering her in some way. I guess the only way to know would be for the vet to give a local anesthetic, which would make it numb, and see if she leaves it alone then.  

Otherwise, you may need to start looking at this behaviorally. Have you tried pheromone diffusers, like Feliway? Flower essences?

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I looked everywhere I couldn't find any here. I am going to europe next month, I hope ill get some.

Until then I don't know what to do

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sucks but years ago we had a flea outbreak at home and the badly hit ones were me and my gentle. It all got dealt with. Cats deflead house fumigated but gentle still kept on licking where she'd been licking probably because it was habit and I had to try to break the habit. This might also be the problem. A bad habit that has to be broken. I'm not sure the collar is the thing. It's associated with the wound now. Maybe the shirt idea is the best idea now. Different connotation.

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah here it is again! 

Lulu is a small cat, so this is is just a cotton tube bandage with holes cut out for her arms. You could try looking for an infant undershirt (here they are called onesies) OR you could even look for a large cotton sock or something like that- a cotton tube. Just be sure it is somewhat stretchy. 

Another thing you could do would be to ask your vet about putting something bad tasting on the incision so that she will not want to touch that area. Around here you can buy products like bitter apple, that people can spray on electrical cords or other things that they do not want cats to bite or lick. I know that vets sometimes put stuff on a cat incision but I do not know what it is. 

In any case it sounds like you should use the undershirt or a tube sock. But first I think you may need to get the incision to heal again with the cone on, and THEN use the undershirt. I would get the vet to help you put it on too.

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The vet doesn't have it. I called the animal hospital they also don't have it. I will bring it on my next travrl...ordering it online won't take any less time...

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might be able to try a baby "onesie", which you can buy from anywhere that sells baby stuff. They're the white, one-piece underwear that babies wear. You'll have to guess on what size to get. It should fit snug, but not too tight. Cut the bottom off so that it's like a shirt. This might help deter Lucy from biting.

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok I have two baby nieces. They have all sizes by now. Will try that and see how it goes thank you!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah here it is again! 
Lulu is a small cat, so this is is just a cotton tube bandage with holes cut out for her arms. You could try looking for an infant undershirt (here they are called onesies) OR you could even look for a large cotton sock or something like that- a cotton tube. Just be sure it is somewhat stretchy. 

Another thing you could do would be to ask your vet about putting something bad tasting on the incision so that she will not want to touch that area. Around here you can buy products like bitter apple, that people can spray on electrical cords or other things that they do not want cats to bite or lick. I know that vets sometimes put stuff on a cat incision but I do not know what it is. 

In any case it sounds like you should use the undershirt or a tube sock. But first I think you may need to get the incision to heal again with the cone on, and THEN use the undershirt. I would get the vet to help you put it on too.

Such a sweety. I don't know if bitter stuff will really help. My mum put bitter herbs on my thumb to stop me sucking it but I just sucjef

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. ....after ww got over the complications and removed the collar and her coat was restored. ....I am feeling a bump there on the same place of the nodule.

I can't tell if the nodule is back or if its skin where the deep wound was...

Surgery is no longer a possibility, if it is a nodule.

We should be going to the vet soon. ....

How bug can this grow if not removed? !

Poor Lucy girl. Everything else is ok in her....