Cat behavior

sunnymaurie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 5 month old kitten. Adore her BUT!!!! Everything is on her time. She recently started being very aggressive at strange times. My 13 yr old would be trying to sleep at night and the cat would try to play and my daughter would tell her no gently and try to put her on the floor and she would grab her arm and wrap herself around my daughter and bite! Today I was letting her go out our back door in and out and she was having a blast! Looked like a half demented lemur!!!! It was cute. Then she came inside and was licking and cleaning herself and I went over by her and was talking to her and went to pet her and she got mean and aggressive [emoji]128546[/emoji] I told her no firmly and she attacked me and when I turned to walk away from her she attached my leg! What in the world!!! Can we correct this? She does it a couple times a day.

peachesxo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten who is about 6 months old also does this sometimes, I think it comes with the age and they are just trying to play but unaware of what is "too much" or of what hurts, mostly if they were separated from their siblings and mom young as most are these days. I have found that lightly hissing at her works better than saying "NO" lol - my older cat is also teaching her a thing or two about how to play gently...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunnymaurie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am quite sure it is not a playful thing. I have had cats my whole life and I had one other cat do this who ended up becoming very mean. I also have a friend who has a cat who attacks everyone for no reason and she is around 5 yrs old. My kitten puts her ears back and looks mad. When she is playful she is enjoyable. I don't know if it is her way of saying "back off" or what. But I am looking for some info of others who have more aggressive cats who might have a special way of letting them know their not the boss. I have problems hissing at my cat..... No way meaning to offend you. But I am not a cat. I have done this early on but feel ridiculous and want her to understand I am human [emoji]128521[/emoji] she seems to have a strong personality. What do you do with these cats so they don't own you? My friends cats don't even let them sit on their own furniture at times?!?!?