Cat Beds

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sophie got a brand new bed when we brought her home. She has NEVER used it. She sleeps in or under our bed, on the back of the couch, on the desk..anywhere but in that bed! I guess it goes in the pile of donations to the local shelter!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Oliver has 2 specific cat beds... one is pad-type that my mom bought him for Christmas... it took him months the start using it regularly, and it's only sparadically at that.... the other is a snuggle ball he got a few months ago - he's still more facsinated with the box it came in... he's only set a foot or two in it, but hopefully he'll start using it more.... his favorite place to sleep (anytime other than bedtime with me... he's my snuggle-bunny when I'm sleeping) is my bean bag chair! He took it over one day, which is why I thought he'd like the snuggle ball... nope! Still likes the lady bug bean bag!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those bunk beds are really cute!

My two sleep in their radiator hammocks! They have also discovered that their old hammocks (don't fit my radiators here) make a wonderful bed whilst they are sat on my upturned plinth!

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

mine refused to sleep in them until i picked them up off the floor. now they have one on a shelf and one on a dresser. they fight over them now, LOL. i found it's all about location, location, location.

My cats seem to like the "donut" style beds. We bought ours from a lady who comes to the cat shows every year - she makes really nice & soft ones. But no matter how soft & tempting the bed, they'll only use it if it's off the ground - the higher the better.

...unless, of course, it's the dog's bed, which they will happily take over so they can make the dogs lay on the floor.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys slept in their bed as babies, but prefer the furniture now.

Spaz never liked kitty beds, but she loved laundry baskets full of clean clothes.
I got her a laundry basket and filled an old, clean pillow case with clean, holey clothes that I'd otherwise cut up for rags.
I put that in the laundry basket, then tucked a lambskin (faux of course) throw over it.
She rarely sleeps anywhere else.

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cupid sleeps in his bed all the time. I let him sleep with me at night, but when I wake up half way through the night, I put him in his room because I move around a lot when I'm sleeping and it keeps him up, so I figure he can have half a night with me and half a night sleeping well. I put the beds near me (one is on my computer desk) and if I can't hold him, he'll go to one of them. He won't sleep on anything if it's on the floor, unless I'm laying on the floor with him, so I have to put them on tables.

I go through a lot because he gets them dirty, and unfortunately I've yet to find one that has a soft, furry or plush material that is washable, and that's the material he likes best.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, i wasn't going to post pix, but i want y'all to see the beds!
here's Cable & Java in the big one - big enough for 2 adult cats

here's Pixel in the small one, for 1 adult - unless they're really determined!

i got these from catinthebed & you can choose the material & sizes - they're custom beds. i've also gotten several mini-quilts from there. i put them on the furniture to help control the hair piles... they are all machine washable. also, you can send her pix of your furbabies on the quilts or beds & she posts them on the site!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow - this thread was worth it for the pics alone! All gorgeous!
Loooove the bunk bed pics!

The smartest thing I picked up was to get the bed off the floor - I wouldnt have thought of that on my own, since Smidge seems to like the floor. Funny, she only sleeps on the floor if I'm in bed - it is like she is standing guard. I got her last spring, so we havent had a winter together yet and I worry about her being chilly. She has a perch with a fleece top that she adores - but of course it is by the window *bbrrr*

I'll probably get her a bed regardless. I thought one of those circular ones with the high tops that have fleecy piling inside? I have a fleece kitty blanket regardless. (I wonder when she will have enough stuff so I can quit buying

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties each have a bed. One on each night stand next to the bed. Usually Rocky will at least get in his for awhile at bedtime. Zakk tends to sleep on the human bed before we go to bed, and then hang out for awhile, occ sleeping in the pet bed. We have a kitty playhouse, but they havn't used it in a long time. I'm suspecting that Rocky (who used it the most) may have out grew it!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Patches just requires a pillow as something to lay on.
I haven't tried a bed with Luna yet.

Beauty on the other hand...we brought home food from Costco one night and the box we used to carry was flat and big (like one you would see with bulk fruits) and on the floor. Beauty plopped herself in it and started purring really loud. The following weekend I went out to the fabric store and got some fleece. Sewed together a pillow mattress and a pillow to put her but up against and she spends most of her days in the bed now!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such adorable pictures of kitties in their beds! I just love the bunk beds. Sash just loves to lay on the floor so I thought he could really use a kitty bed for when he lays there, I hope to get him one soon!