Cat bald spot belly

dustylylac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2.5 year old cat is licking large bald spots on his belly, all scans come back negative for stones or crystals. Feliway plugged in, calming treats daily, wet food, playtime etc. he's basically giving himself a perfect shave and never hurts the skin. He seems to be scratching at his ears more so and also constantly licking his whole body and especially his paws. It's like he either feels itchy or dirty...

What's going on?

blackcat416

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could be a couple things:
1-Since he's black he could have fleas or mites so do the white paper test to see what comes off of him. Ruffle his fur in the back area until you have about a dozen black dots on the white paper. Then with your finger dip it into a glass of water and drop 1 drop of water on each black dot. Let the white paper lay flat for 10 minutes to see if any of those black dots turn red. The red you see is your fats blood and the black dots are baby fleas. Treat with a medicated de-flea shampoo or powder.

2- Your cat can have gas pains, so start him on a probiotic. I use Natural Factors that I get
On line at Amazon.

Good Luck

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could well be allergies to something too. Seems to be very common these days for cats to have an allergic reaction to an ingredient in their food, or even something environmental.