Cat Attack

wendy8080

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have a cat that will sometimes show up at our place and hang out.  He has always been a nice cat and looked very well cared for.  He doesn't have a collar but I had assumed that he may belong to a farm not far away.  Any how, today I came home and went to the back of our house and he was walking up a path through our woods meowing, as he always does.  I bent down to pet him and and talked to him a bit.  He seemed to like it.  I got about three steps away and he flew into the back of my leg, biting and clawing me.  It was over as quickly as it started.  My question is this.  What would cause this behavior and what are the chances of rabies?

I am wondering if this is a territorial thing.  We do have a cat (Vinny) and this stray will chase him up the tree if they come in contact with each other.

Thank you for your time and attention,

Wendy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wendy8080

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No he hasn't been back.  We did talk to some neighbors and they have seen him around.  They have had good experiences with him as well and were surprised when I told them.  They are going to keep an eye out and monitor any behavior changes and give me a call the next time they see him.  In the mean while I will continue calling him.