Cat ate guinea pig's Vitamin C cookies

jasperdacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yup, so, my terrible 1 year old cat (who we love immensely) broke into the guinea pigs' vitamin C supplement treats. She probably ate like 8-10 of them during the night.
She is completely fine right now but I'm worried that that amount of vitamin C or any of the other ingredients in the treats could be harmful to her.

I'm going to include a picture of the ingredients - does anyone know if any of this could harm her?
Or should I just watch for issues? 🤦🏻‍♀️ she's currently bouncing off the walls so she's fine right now.

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vitamin C is fine; any excess is urinated out. The fiber may cause some poopy issues though :D.

One of my dogs once ate a whole 5-pound bag of bunny chow. That didn't work out so great for him. . .💩

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jasperdacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vitamin C is fine; any excess is urinated out. The fiber may cause some poopy issues though :D.

One of my dogs once ate a whole 5-pound bag of bunny chow. That didn't work out so great for him. . .💩
I can deal with poopy issues lol! Thank you!!
And omg! Bet that taught him a lesson! 😂

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You may want to put your guinea pig's food and treats into a secure container and in a secure cabinet to prevent future snacking on by the cat :) Guinea pig food and treats are high in fiber so you may just get poop issues. Constipation might be an issue so watch for that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jasperdacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You may want to put your guinea pig's food and treats into a secure container and in a secure cabinet to prevent future snacking on by the cat :) Guinea pig food and treats are high in fiber so you may just get poop issues. Constipation might be an issue so watch for that.
Deeeffffinitely will be doing that! 😅 Thank you!