Cat Antibiotics For Injury

Noé

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kittie has been on a fight and screams in pain, she has a superficial bite, we took her out to the vet and he gave her medicine for pain and inflamation. He also told us about a completly innecesary surgery... so I'm thinking about givieng her antibiotics, but I don't know wich ones and de adequate dosage.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's not a good idea to give antibiotics without a vets guidance. There are a couple of different variations and they are ideal for different situations. Giving the wrong one, or one unnecessarily, can lead to antibiotic resistance and/or strength the problem against that antibiotic if not treated for a long enough period of time.

What surgery did your vet recommend?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Noé

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kittie has fought and screams in pain, has a superficial bite, we take her to the vet and he gave her medicines for pain and inflammation. He also told us about completely unnecessary surgery ... so I'm thinking about giving him antibiotics, but I do not know which ones and the right dose.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We cannot tell you which antibiotics to give or dosage. That is information you need to get from the vet. If you feel the first vet gave you bad advice and your cat needs additional assistance, I encourage you to find a different vet and get a second opinion.