Cat And Orphan Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jenniberrie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is mama cat and her big babies, shes been with them in this particular room, very far away from the foster kittens, all day nursing and grooming them. Maybe she just loves her own babies too much and I misunderstood. Shes been clinging to them even more than usual today.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like she is slowly warming up to them!

Will they stay while you are out of town later this week?

Jenniberrie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of the kittens will not eat kitten food, and he wants me to hold him all the time and I've been feeding him the kitten milk everytime i feed them all food. I thought it might help if they ate without me because he knows I'll feed him the kitten milk, but when I came back his face wasnt messy at all. I tried to feed it to him on a spoon but he wouldnt, so i put it on his finger and he ate two bites. I've tried a few different foods and I think I'm going to try some dry food with milk. If he wont eat the food what should I do?

I think my friend is going to take them for the weekend.

Jenniberrie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I introduced them to my male kitten, who honestly has the least cautious and most laid back personality, it went really well.
20190909_104334.jpg
20190909_104112.jpg
20190909_104040.jpg
received_508222576657178.jpeg
received_404155933619605.jpeg
20190909_104334.jpg
20190909_104334.jpg

Jenniberrie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont know why it posted that one photo so many times

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It would be great if your friend could keep them for you this weekend.

It’s not unusual to have one kitten who lags behind the others on eating, but continue to give him his milk so he gets his nutrition, and let your friend know he likes being held and he needs hand feeding his milk and food. It’s okay - he’s a baby without a mama.

I hope all goes well in your absence. Will you be checking in with your friend?

I love the picture of the little kitten with your sweet guy!

J Jenniberrie

Jenniberrie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'll be checking in. She actually adopted one of my mama cats kittens and shes a doting cat mom so I know they'll be fine, I did let her know one likes to be held and hand fed. Today I tried a different food and he actually ate it, and well! I fed that to them twice and he ate, and the other food the last meal and he wouldnt eat. The texture of the foods is much different, but he wont even go sniff the food most of the time. I'm going to post a picture of the girl kitty after meal, before bath, she is such a mess. My son named her Lizzy. Shes super feisty.
20190909_225341.jpg

Jenniberrie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kittens and my big boy kitten just love each other! Only two more weeks of fostering, they are still terrible at grooming.

Attachments

Jenniberrie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of the foster kittens passed away in the care of a friend. She was watching them for the weekend because we were supposed to go out of town, but we ended up not because we had a tire issue. She buried the kitten and didnt tell us until the next evening even though we were 10 minutes away, I'm not just devastated, I'm angry. They refused to give the kittens body to us so we can memorialize her and bury her here. I loved her and she was supposed to be adopted by a good friend today who had not only lost a cat, but her last kitten she was set to adopt also passed away. I'm not dealing with it very well.

Attachments