Cat and dogs

matuxaz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, everyone. I would like to know, how to make my cat not afraid of dogs completely, because it's afraid of some. My cat many dogs like to chase like crazy (it's not attacking them! Just running around and makes them scared somehow!). It is important for me because many dogs, who "visit" my yard, pee and **** everywhere. When I let my cat outside, he chases and scares the dog so much that it never gets back again. All in all, main problem is that some dogs (not big, just little bit bigger than my cat) aren't chased by my cat so they get back again and does some dirty things around. 

Please remember, I do not want that my cat would be a killer, who bites and nails everyone, just more brave to get out all dogs.

Any advices? 

P.S.: my cat is kurilian bobtail male, 6 months old and weighs 3.5kg. NOT NEUTERED

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Bumping this thread up. I don't have dogs and my cats don't go outside, so I can't give you much help. Someone else should be along soon with some ideas for you.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You must remember that some dogs are not scared of cats. You might be putting your cat at risk by wanting him to be fearless of all dogs. I think you should trust your cat's instincts. Help him a bit by chasing the dogs away yourself. Or speak to their owners to train their dogs not to go to your yard. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matuxaz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You must remember that some dogs are not scared of cats. You might be putting your cat at risk by wanting him to be fearless of all dogs. I think you should trust your cat's instincts. Help him a bit by chasing the dogs away yourself. Or speak to their owners to train their dogs not to go to your yard. 
Thanks for reply. For not stray dogs I speak to their owners and everything is OK, but with stray ones it's more complex situation. Thanks for info! Now I'll know that I shouldn't try to "aftificially" increase it's courage, better to trust cat's instincts!