Cat and bath bomb

landi01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
High everyone, I used a bath bomb and forgot to rinse out the bath after there was remnants of the bath bomb lining the bath and I think my cat may have been licking it. Does anyone have any experience with this and know how serious it is?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! What is a bath bomb? Are you talking about something to get rid of fleas/bugs? You could call the vet and ask, but I suspect they are going to tell you to monitor her for signs she is not feeling well. Odds are it could upset her stomach a bit, but I cannot imagine she ingested enough of it to do much else, especially if it was a bug bomb, as it wouldn't have tasted good enough for her to lick much of it.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rinse the tub out thoroughly and keep an eye on your kitty. Watch for vomiting, lethargy, hiding, diarrhea, any change in litter box or play habits. Most likely he didn't lick it because it probably didn't smell good to him. When you use them in the future, be sure to rinse the tub after the water has drained.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! What is a bath bomb? Are you talking about something to get rid of fleas/bugs? You could call the vet and ask, but I suspect they are going to tell you to monitor her for signs she is not feeling well. Odds are it could upset her stomach a bit, but I cannot imagine she ingested enough of it to do much else, especially if it was a bug bomb, as it wouldn't have tasted good enough for her to lick much of it.
A bath bomb is a scented dissolvable ball or disc that you drop into bath water to soothe and relax you. They are often made from baking soda and citric acid along with scents.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

landi01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the reply. It was bath bomb, he's not showing any signs of an upset stomach but if he does I'll give the vets a call.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

landi01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Rinse the tub out thoroughly and keep an eye on your kitty. Watch for vomiting, lethargy, hiding, diarrhea, any change in litter box or play habits. Most likely he didn't lick it because it probably didn't smell good to him. When you use them in the future, be sure to rinse the tub after the water has drained.
I definitely will in future thanks. Just want to make sure that it couldn't have any serious long term effects on him if he did lick some of it.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you haven’t already, rinse the cats feet and any area that came in contact. Use cool water. Best way is shallow pan of cool water and let kitty stand in it less than a second and let go.
Only do if it can be done safely.

Find the package from the bath bomb and call poison control with the information. Call your vet anyway. Don’t wait for symptoms. They may tell you it’s fine. Calling the vet is never a bad idea.
Animal Poison Control