Cat almost due....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pokey26_f

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Boy, the anticipation*sp* is killing me. I know Cloe isn't due quite yet, but man o' man I jsut can't wait to see what the babies look like or how many there are. It is almost like Christmas and having to wiat to open presents...

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pokey26_f

Boy, the anticipation*sp* is killing me. I know Cloe isn't due quite yet, but man o' man I jsut can't wait to see what the babies look like or how many there are. It is almost like Christmas and having to wiat to open presents...
It's good that you are excited...but you also need to plan for when it is time for the kittens to be placed. Remember, unlike most christmas gifts, kittens can live to be in their 20s so you need to make sure you find them great homes with people who will take responsibility for them.

Katie

pokey26_f

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are going to family members and friends.They have already made it clear that they want one. As soon as I can I will have her spayed so this doesn't happen again. It was a total accident in the first place, and I see how uncomfortable she is and I don't want her to have to go through it again.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pokey26_f

They are going to family members and friends.They have already made it clear that they want one. As soon as I can I will have her spayed so this doesn't happen again. It was a total accident in the first place, and I see how uncomfortable she is and I don't want her to have to go through it again.
it's good they are going to family members and friends so you can ensure that the kittens are fixed and I'm glad you have plans to have mom spayed once the kittens are weaned.

Katie

pokey26_f

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh definately, she will be spayed. We will probably keep one of the kittens also, because we had a kitty run away. My fear is he was caught by coyotes that live in a canyon that is not to far from here. I just found out that they were there, seeing as we are new to this area. My neighbor just told me that they were out there. My other cats have not been outside since I heard that I don't want to lose another one of my kitties.

pokey26_f

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She will definately be spayed. I think we might keep one also and it will be altered at the same time.