Cat allergies

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Minnie try to take a deep breathe... ok~~~easier said than done. 

Although my guy does not have skin food allergies, he does have IBD...and is a very fussy cat when it comes to food.

I discovered, just by chance, that he was allergic to chicken..That seems to be the most common allergy...

Try taking any food that has chicken in it, away from him....I mean all..treats included..

Try a novel protein diet for a bit...some kind of protein he never had before..I know you are going crazy at this point.. I did also...

Try Natures Variety limited ingredient.. If you kitty refuses it, try the Pride line. Do not try anything with chicken..or even fish...

My guy very rarely will eat the Wild Calling...stinks like all heck but he will only eat bit of it...He loves the Pride Rabbit...

Just a thought.. do not vary the protein...

Another thought: try to treat it like IBD... one protein at a time...I would also stay away from any poultry stuff...try lamb, pork, rabbit, buffalo, etc....

one at a time.. for a week.. that is what I did... your kitty will get used to it..and then you can monitor his reactions to the food...

Wishing you so much luck and love with this....

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

I personally think your baby needs an immediate intervention via a steroid shot to get her out of "crisis mode"!  

Some vet should definitely be willing to do this for you.  It's the only way that your poor baby can get immediate relief.  THEN .. you can begin to relax & work on the best solutions for long-term relief.

Just my thoughts anyway ... LB has always been treated with steroid shots when he is in crisis!

Hope this helps ... 

Mom2LB
I also agree with a steroid shot......

Also is there an internal medicine vet around who can help advise you...teaching vet hospital? expensive, but it may be worth it..

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

mom2lb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, you definitely need to get some Vetericyn on those wounds ... this will soothe & prevent further complications from infection!  

It is very helpful & gives me great peace of mind.  I won't be without it!!  

mom2lb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For anybody!  I'm not real good at this site .. forgive me if I am not making sense by directing things properly.  :)

I am just trying to be helpful.  My heart aches for all furbaby Moms & Dads that are dealing with these challenges, as I am sure every poster here does also.  

Thanks for your understanding & patience with me ...