Cat agression/upset with bigger cats

steph1331

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello ^^'

So I have a cat named Frost, or he is soon to be mine. He lives upstairs at a friends as my friends cat had him about 6 months ago and while I was helping the kittens grow up to be good lil boys (All three are loveable, I like to think it was all my doing they came out that way, as their mother is the complete opposite lol), He became attached to me and I love him. Anyway, He lives upstairs and has to stay up there until I get to move in with another friend of mine. 

So The issue is, In the beginning, From the time Frost and brothers were born until 2 months ago, Him and his brothers were confined to my friends bedroom. I don't know why, All I know is that besides the momma cat and obviously each other, they didn't get to socialize with the other cats and if they did it was them watching the other cats stick their paws under the doors. lol Then 2 months ago during a deep cleaning upstairs, my friend decided to let the boys out and have full run of the house finally. For the most part, it was okay for about a week. The brothers didn't bug the bigger cats much and when they did, it was normally Frost or his brothers hissing at one of the bigger cats and mostly the bigger cats would look at them then walk away. 

After that week though the biggest of their cats, Fanny started picking on my boy. and only my boy, frost. I've been telling my friend something needs to be done, I even offered helping find a new better home for her, as maybe Fanny has issues (Fanny picks on two other cats at my friends every now and then too, but as far as I know, now that frost is out and about it hasn't happened as often or at all) because she can't handle other cats. But my friend never seems to really want to go through with it. Anyway, that's offtopic >< My main worry and issues is Frost. Since fanny has been picking on him, He hates all the bigger cats even more. If I try holding him while near bigger cats, he growls and if I try calming him down (which I used to be able to do easily back when he was confined to the room ><) He just gets more uptight and starts yelling and yowling. I normally feel pretty bad the moment he does that, so I try my best to let him go and make sure he doesn't end up nose to nose with a bigger cat when I do let him down. I'm just worried.. I cant bring him where I live now and he used to be so loveable and now unless I bring him into a bedroom or the patio I cant get a good love session with him, which I try to do every day since I can't be there all day or a majority of the day.

I just want to know what I can do and that all the time I put into him isn't going to be ruined as I love him a lot and hate seeing him so unhappy/not content much anymore. 

and I'm sorry if I said anything weird in this post ;-; I'm typing while nervous and I seem to derp more when I'm nervous... 

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A couple of questions: 1) how many other cats are there in the household (other than Frost and his brothers and mother). 2) Were they ever properly introduced, like this? http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats

It really sounds to me that the cats were not properly introduced, and introductions maybe should be started over.

Oh, one other question, are the cats in the household all neutered/spayed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

steph1331

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Quit a few I think its 10 cats, out of them the three brothers and 2 female cats (fanny is spayed) aren't spayed or neutered yet.. NY friends said that the boys are going to be neutered soon as she found a place but the females have to wait as they are pregnant :/.. And no they weren't introduced like that my friend didn't do any planing for it jus let them run out f the room.
Should I try doing that with frost? Seperating him and then doing a proper introduction period for him?