Cat Aggressive Towards Her 8 Weeks Old Kittens

T@mmy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

This morning the mom just lost it! She started to be very aggressive towards her kittens, hissing, trying to scratch them. They can’t not even be on her line of sight because she starts. I have to put her in my dog’s crate because she just want to attack everyone. She was never Friendly with my older cat or my two pups but very sweet and attentive with her kittens. HELP!! why is this happening and how can I help her! She is not yes altered.

(I’m also trying to find home for her and the kittens)

Many Thanks,
Tamara

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have read that cats can go back into heat this soon after having a litter. I don’t know if that is the cause. Is she indoors?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
She is probably starting to wean her kittens because she is going into heat. If the kittens are eating on their own and using a litter box then I would,get mom in ASAP for her spay. Once she has had a few days to recover she may be okay again with her kittens.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Another vote for she is back in heat. Although it could just be that she is one of those cats that don't like other cats. That can extend to her own kittens once she feels they are weaned and her job is done. It would be best to get her spayed and see how she does with them after she has recovered.