Cat aggression! Please help!

sophiestone6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok guys, I'm stumped on this one. I have a sweet and lovely kitten (he's about 8 months old) and he is amazing 90% of the time. He snuggles with me and sleeps at the foot of my bed. I feed him and he gives me kisses every morning. We are very close... but recently he has started to attack me out of no where. He will jump up on my leg and scratch me. He is so aggressive that I often can't do anything. I try to push him off me but that gets him more riled up. I've tried ignoring him but that didn't work either. If I can, I grab his wand and play with him and this usually helps but I don't always have a cat toy at hand. Any advice??? What do you recommend? I should mention that he only does this to me and not my boyfriend who lives with me. 

violetvisions

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im not sure if this helps as Im not sure how to directly combat it, but when my cat was younger she would latch on to my arm randomly and bite the crap out of it.  I never knew what to do to get her to stop and my arm would be all scratched up by the end.  But eventually she grew out of it and only noms on my hand every once in a while.  I know it doesn't fix your issue directly, but it could be like a teenager phase.  

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has he been neutered? He might need some new, more tiring interactive play sessions. Do you have any tall cat trees or shelves? They might give him an outlet for his energy and moods.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Suggest getting another kitty for him to play with release energy he'll have a blast! very entertaining the more the merrier

daisymay22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I came to this forum looking for answers and it's like you wrote my story. My kitten is 5 months but I have exactly the same problem. My partner can hiss when our kitten play attavks him and kitten will back off straight away but he ignores me if I clap of hiss and just keeps attacking! He also art is me much more than he does my partner. I've tried leaving the room and giving him a time out which works to a point but he still does it. Those tiny teeth are sharp!! We are having him spayed next week, I'm hoping that might calm him down.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came to this forum looking for answers and it's like you wrote my story. My kitten is 5 months but I have exactly the same problem. My partner can hiss when our kitten play attavks him and kitten will back off straight away but he ignores me if I clap of hiss and just keeps attacking! He also art is me much more than he does my partner. I've tried leaving the room and giving him a time out which works to a point but he still does it. Those tiny teeth are sharp!! We are having him spayed next week, I'm hoping that might calm him down.
Neutering should help a lot. Other suggestions are to play with him a few times a day, really making him run and jump and tire himself out. You could also consider getting a cat buddy for him.

daisymay22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your reply. I play with him All the time with lots of different toys, he loves to play! We have tunnels and trees, our living room is like a kitty crèche. He has taken over our lives and we love it. Another kitty isn't an option at the moment. I'm sure he'll grow out of it, he's just boisterous. I just wish I could stop him when he starts! In the meantime I look like I've walked through a bramble bush!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiestone6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! 

yeah is he neutered but I think that we do need to get him more things to play with. 

RbirdJuju

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Suggest getting another kitty for him to play with release energy he'll have a blast! very entertaining the more the merrier
I had to do this with one I got. Lot of biting because he was born from a outside cats and she taught him defensive living. Lol there is calming spray you can buy that works great too.

Thank you!

yeah is he neutered but I think that we do need to get him more things to play with.