Cat Aggression After Returning For Her

squxdneey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! My boyfriend and I recently moved to a new state and have been here for three weeks while our two cats were being watched by some family members. My boyfriend returned alone to go get our babies, and our first cat is fine but when he facetimed me last our black cat, Luna, was being very aggressive: growling, hissing, and even attacked him while we were on Facetime? Is this normal?

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your cats are accustomed top a certain type of care and attention from you and your boyfriend. Things may have been different with the family members even if you left explicit instructions. Luna might have either gotten settled in and close to another family member and is now being offended by the presence of the previous owner
-or-
Luna has been unsatisfied and miserable and is angry. I would talk to the caregivers and find out how Luna has been during her stay with them.

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Who knows. Cat's don't just become aggressive out of the blue and aggression is usually fear in cats. She's scared. Get her with you and work on resolving the issue.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Elfilou Elfilou is correct, she is just scared. Any kind of change and your cat has been through a major one can stress out a cat and make them fearful. Once you get her home and she has time to adjust she will settle back down,

RbirdJuju

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats are routine creatures. If you change environment know you will have a return home adjustment period. Always let your caregiver know your cats routine. Just go back to your usual and your cats usually adjust back. Some have a harder time than others and this you may find in your cat that Change is really hard and if you have no choice then find ways to make it easier like leave a piece of your clothing with the cat or a blanket your cat likes to lay on. Use some calming spray and new toys till kitty adjusts again. I always have calming spray if I have to change environment.