Cat ages

minlee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok so Snowy is a year which is like 15 in human years and tiger 5 which is like 32 in human years. Snowy is crazy play bites and all. Do you think she will chill out more the older she gets and is it possible he could be teaching her things since they are friends? When do cats start acting more mature?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minlee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bumped need advice. I have never in my life had cats until now. So I know this question may seem stupid

thembcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
a year is more like early twenties. A 5 month old is more like a 15/16 year old. And yes most of the time they will calm down when they get older. Though, like people, some just don't mature until later in life. So chances are your cat snowy will calm down but when that happens its hard to tell. Is your cat fixed? An unfixed cat tends to be a little more crazy than a fixed cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minlee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TheMBCat

a year is more like early twenties. A 5 month old is more like a 15/16 year old. And yes most of the time they will calm down when they get older. Though, like people, some just don't mature until later in life. So chances are your cat snowy will calm down but when that happens its hard to tell. Is your cat fixed? An unfixed cat tends to be a little more crazy than a fixed cat.
Cats are fixed so she definately has a crazy cat personality like a pain in the butt teen

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by minlee

Ok so Snowy is a year which is like 15 in human years and tiger 5 which is like 32 in human years. Snowy is crazy play bites and all. Do you think she will chill out more the older she gets and is it possible he could be teaching her things since they are friends? When do cats start acting more mature?
Most domestic cats calm down (behaviorally) between two and three human years old. Of course that is just average, so results may vary

Originally Posted by minlee

Cats are fixed so she definately has a crazy cat personality like a pain in the butt teen
I have noticed female cats tend to be more "annoying" then male cats
!

secret squirrel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, they will calm down eventually. Cats, like humans, have different personalities which they can inherit from their parents. Some stay like kittens for years and some are much calmer.
We had 2 litter mates, one male and one female. The female was the personification of serenity, her whole life, but her litter mate was a naughty boy and used to get up to ALL sorts. We adored them both for their differences. The 'lad' who was a ginger tabby, was a perisher right up to the day before he died, and let me tell you , you can pack a lot of naughtiness into 18 years, but the best thing was that he passed away in my husbands arms, surrounded by those he loved and who loved him back. It was just his time, and we miss him still, 16 months later.
Enjoy you friends for what they do and they will reward you with devoted companionship, for years to come. xx