Cat advice asap please!

tkring

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi y’all. my cat got spayed three days ago (9/11), the first picture is from the day after the surgery, and the second picture is from today. the vet did two rows of stitches on the inside and glue on the incision. first day home she was licking a BUNCH, i’m pretty sure she completely licked the glue off. it looks to me like it’s opened up and i can’t tell if that is normally what it’s supposed to look like or not, i’m not sure what to look for. she’s also swollen which was expected but i just want to see if i should take her back to the vet to be glued again or something. if anyone can answer i’d appreciate it so so much!!

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks as if a little piece has opened but I cant see any redness or infection. Can you send the photos to your vet for his opinion to be on the safe side. Do you have a collar or body suit she could wear to stop her licking the site.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tkring

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks as if a little piece has opened but I cant see any redness or infection. Can you send the photos to your vet for his opinion to be on the safe side. Do you have a collar or body suit she could wear to stop her licking the site.
i will call today and see if i can email some pictures over!! thank you so much

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tkring

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree with V verna davies . You need to get her to stop licking it obsessively. It needs time to heal without being messed with too much.
she stopped licking after the second day so she’s been leaving it alone, i wish i could get a better picture because it kind of just looks red and swollen, i can’t tell if it’s open or not and it’s stressing me out 😭

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she stopped licking after the second day so she’s been leaving it alone, i wish i could get a better picture because it kind of just looks red and swollen, i can’t tell if it’s open or not and it’s stressing me out 😭
If it's not bleeding or oozing, it's probably not open. Looks pretty good from the pictures you posted but always best to get the opinion of a vet if worried.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keep an eye on it. If it turns an angry red color or starts weeping, then get her to the vet. The incision actually looks great to me.