Cat Actions That Make you Laugh

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls, Lola 9 and Willow 12

Every morning when Lola is let out of her room she makes a beeline for Willow’s “treat bottle” and vigorously knocks it around to get that last pieces out and eaten. This despite the fact that what is in the bottle is the very same kibble that is in the free feeder in her room in her room.

I was watching TV the other night and heard a strange noise that sounded like a cat moan. I turned the volume down and again heard short whimpers and moans that had to be coming from Willow. They alarmed me because it sounded like she was sick or injured. It only took a minute to find her, flat on her side by an end table, trying her hardest to reach a spring that had rolled underneath. She is dramatic when she is unhappy but I haven’t heard her cry for her toys before. I did get down on the floor, and okay grunted a bit as I reached under the table and pulled out her toy.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maple's new favorite game (that she invented) is to attack a squiggle toy as I slowly pull it between two upright couch cushions. She literally dives between the two cushions. If I look down at her from above I can see a cat body sticking out from one side of the couch and two cat arms sticking out of the other.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Magnus's favourite thing to do is dive under his U shaped floor scratcher and perform various gymnastics.

He also very much likes to hide so that you wander about calling for him. You must pretend not to see him if you can. You should wander around and keep looking/calling until he jumps out and boops you with his paw and runs away.

He also likes when you play peek-a-boo with him. He will make a silent meow that really wiggles his whiskers around when he sees you.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My tortie will run full speed into the room, hit the archway on her hind legs and stand there, ears pinned, staring at the ceiling with one paw on either side of the archway. She'll freeze for a few seconds, let out a "Prrt" and do a swimmers turn against the wall and zoom back into the room she was originally in.
She will initiate the dogs to chase her around. She then dives behind the drapes and sits there primly. Unfortunately for her, the drapes are 6+ inches off the actual floor, so she's essentially a headless cat sitting quietly while the dogs bark at her. I honestly believe she thinks "if I can't see you, you can't see me"!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Bandit wants cuddles he misbehaves stealing things like key's and knocking stuff off the sides. So I take him away from what he's messing with and I cuddle my face into him while I tell him he's a naughty cat so now he has to have forever cuddles. The purrs start the moment I say he's naughty if I stop too soon he goes back to his naughtiness. Patches hops like a bunny when he wants Bandit to play and when he's had enough he goes on top of the fridge. His little brother still can't get up there so sits crying looking up at him. While Patches looks down as if he wasn't running up and down the stairs and his brother is crazy.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Neely was the most mischievous cat we've ever adopted. She wasn't destructive per se but very impish which should have been our first clue since she was an owner surrender and named Precocious. :biggrin: One morning we kept hearing a noise from the bathroom but couldn't figure out where it was coming from, i.e. not the sink, not the toilet and we thought not the tub/shower until we saw a cat jump out.:eek: Sure enough it was Neely, she was using her paw to scoop out the bathtub strainer and bat it around the tub. :lol: We lost more tub strainers than I can count because she would hide them as soon as we replaced them.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Neely was the most mischievous cat we've ever adopted. She wasn't destructive per se but very impish which should have been our first clue since she was an owner surrender and named Precocious. :biggrin: One morning we kept hearing a noise from the bathroom but couldn't figure out where it was coming from, i.e. not the sink, not the toilet and we thought not the tub/shower until we saw a cat jump out.:eek: Sure enough it was Neely, she was using her paw to scoop out the bathtub strainer and bat it around the tub. :lol: We lost more tub strainers than I can count because she would hide them as soon as we replaced them.
My friends cat was obsessed with the bathtub strainer!
I have a female cat who lives at my work. She will steal anything she can get her hands (mouth?) on. Hair scrunchies, bottle caps, spoons, straws, plain hair ties, you name it. She thieves these things and runs off and hides them. I'll find little piles of treasures hidden around the business. One day during a (rare) moment of feeling the urge to clean, I was up on the sink cabinet and planned to dust off the top of the cabinets. There were so many stolen objects and catnip mice up there it was almost wall to wall. It was kind of cute.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I often wear earplugs at work and will wipe them wear them a few days in a row.

Belle has become an expert at stealing them to use for toys. I left one pair on the counter by the bathtub. One day, I was performing my morning constitutional before fixing Belle her breakfast and she was very impatient. She jumped up on the counter, picked up one of the earplugs in her teeth and dropped it on the floor.

She then pounded on it from on high and batted it mercilessly about the floor. Her favorite game was to swat it under the bathroom door and when it was out of her reach, she run around to the other side and do the same thing. Back and forth with such intensity, you’d think it was a matter of life or death

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
of all my cats, Graham is the most amusing little one.

She would "drop dead" anywhere, anytime as soon as you call her name. One time I did not know she was at the top of the curtain rod as I called her name, and to my horror saw her fell down. Good thing she was not hurt.

She also has this habit to talk back at me -- loudly.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
of all my cats, Graham is the most amusing little one.

She would "drop dead" anywhere, anytime as soon as you call her name. One time I did not know she was at the top of the curtain rod as I called her name, and to my horror saw her fell down. Good thing she was not hurt.

She also has this habit to talk back at me -- loudly.
That is hilarious!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty is a bunter— a bunter of faces. At least mine anyway.

This makes yoga a full contact sport.

She also likes to cuddle up on my chest and brush my face with hers after she’s eaten. 🍔😽

Sometimes when I think she’s had enough and she’s going to move on, she’s really just adjusting herself higher on my chest until I’m wearing a Betty beard. 🐈🧔‍♂

EA032853-C867-4C9F-8E09-525C631270A9.jpeg
She cuddles with me. But she sleeps elsewhere. “Okay bye!”

When she’s had her fill, she will very deliberately step on my chest as she walks off to her plate, her cloud, or her poof. Only one of these destinations is across my chest. But all paths must lead across my chest just the same. Queen of the Meowntain! 🐐⛰

We have at least three of these sessions each night. 🤦🏼‍♂️😻

If I’m laying on my back, I’m fair game for the Betty beard. If I’m on my side, I may hear a grumble squeak out of her. She may try to spoon. But ultimately she will continue to her cloud or poof. It’s an easy way for me to opt out of a middle of the night Betty pit sit. 🙈😹

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty doesn’t come into the kitchen. I did not teach her that rule.
232C6B3C-5A4B-4763-B566-02E2C0017ABC.jpeg
(Those shadows! Betty White, the Bat Cat. 🦇)

In Krista’s last few years, I relented on the no counters rule because I found it easier to feed and medicate her at my level than hers when she was fussy or ill.
775E35AF-E780-4A48-87C7-92004A38777B.jpeg

I adopted Betty a few months ago. Shelter thinks she’s five. I told Betty, “I hope Krista whispers to you while you’re dreaming and tells you just how much you can get away with in this home.”
64BB04D6-2D1A-4021-8A54-A582D46074F6.jpeg

Betty still doesn’t come into the kitchen on the ground. But I’m glad she found an acceptable loophole in a restriction I never taught her. 😹👍
39F6EC0B-AEF6-4044-BE19-DBEA5536B4CB.jpeg
Of course, whenever she does come onto the counter during her meal prep, I lean my face in and tell her, “give me a bump,” and she’s all too happy to oblige.
😻🤜

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my biggest kitties acts like a tough guy but at bedtime he always comes for some snuggle time. He will reach up to take my glasses off my face and try to pull me down by my shirt if I am not laying down. Once I lay down he puts his paws up to my face as gently as imaginable. Then he gives me a good nip on my chin and waits for my reaction. If I tell him not to nip, he tucks his head down as though he is going to sleep. The second I close my eyes, another nip. Lol This continues until he turns and gets under the sheet. He sleeps for just a few minutes and then hops up, refreshed!

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This past fall, DH and I discovered a YouTube channel for Brownsville farm - basically they feed wild deer through the winter, and live cameras are on 24/7 December to April just about. I didn't realize how hooked the cats would be. I even had to save the TV from a few unprovoked "attacks" ( yeah, those deer are not on the other side sweetie).
IMG_20220103_203051046.jpg
IMG_20220103_203532919.jpg
IMG_20220121_121924327_HDR.jpg