Cat acting lethargic and not eating

ander35

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I came home and my cat was not moving like he normally does just sitting and he wouldn't eat which never happened before. I saw he pooped  and peed  in the box recently.

This morning he ate a little dry food and seemed a little better but his fur on his back was jumping like when they have a muscle spasm. So I looked at his butt because usually there will be a little string or something coming out when that happens. I saw a little jelly like stuff and wetness but nothing coming out. Three times he had a string coming out that collected feces and got blocked coming out. When you pull it it comes out like a marble. 

Anyways, I felt nervous so I took him to the vet, she said he isn't blocked in the intestines in the x ray. However, she cant tell about the stomach because he had eaten some dry food.

And I think she cant tell if something is in the anus area either but not sure on that. She saw some pockets of gas and offered some antacids which I declined.

What does this sound like?

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is he still not eating and lethargic? If he's not acting normal he needs to go back to the vet ASAP. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ander35

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll see how he is when I get home. If he ate the food I left out and is running around like usual.

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'll see how he is when I get home. If he ate the food I left out and is running around like usual.
If he's eating and not vomiting, you're probably in the clear, but if he's still not eating and/or vomiting and lethargic def go back to the vet because that's a sign he's blocked.