Cat-A-Pole cat toy

melesine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have the cat a pole cat toy? I saw it in Cat Fancy, I think it was the December issue? But I hadn't gotten around to ordering one until last week. It looks like it will hopefully hold up better than Da Bird has. My cats have broken 2 Da Bird poles so I quit buying them because they don't last long. 

It hasn't arrived yet so we will see how the cats end up liking it. 

http://www.catapole.com

Last edited:

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please let us know! I'm always looking for new toys to try. I saw the Cat-A-Pole online, but wasn't sure what to think of it.

archerbaby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of this toy either.  I'm always on the look out for great interactive toys because Archer goes crazy for them!  This looks like a great toy, but it seems kind of expensive:(  However, if it's really durable it would definitely be worth the price!  When it arrives please let us know how your kitty likes it, if you think it's well made and if it holds up well.  I'd be very interested to hear more

On a side note, I HATE the pole for Da Bird toy!  Within minutes of opening it and playing with Archer I'd gotten a fiber glass splinter embedded in my finger.  Ouch!  I fixed that problem by wrapping it with some electrical tape, and to be honest I should've known to do that in advance because in reviews I'd read about this problem.  But Archer was SO EXCITED when I pulled out the toy that I just had to start playing with him right away! :)  Guess a splinter is a small price to pay for his happiness
.  The part that I dislike more about Da Bird toy is that it has the string which gets tangled and also since the feather part is just tied on with a knot it keeps pulling off and fraying at the end, which means cutting off the frayed piece each time to reattach it.  So now the string is much shorter than when I first got it.

Honestly I'd recommend the Go Cat Teaser Cat Catcher Wand Cat Toy (they have them online at Petco and Amazon sells them too).  Then what I do is I switch out the mouse toy it comes with, with the feather toy from Da Bird when I think Archer would like a change of pace.  He seems to like it better on this wand because with the wire instead of the string the movement is more unpredictable and he likes how it kind of bounces around when you're waving it. 

And since we've started fostering other kitties we've yet to find any of them that dislikes this toy
Plus, added bonus, this wand seems more sturdy than the Da Bird wand and no fear of fiber glass splinters!  I think both Da Bird and the Go Cat Teaser Wand are made by the same company btw.

lucylittlekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Let me know! My cats broke Da Bird on the first day, and now our second one has been glued back together a few times. It's their favorite toy so I'm hoping to find something like it that wont fall apart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melesine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I'm pretty annoyed, it still hasn't arrived and I've tried to call them twice last week with no answer. At least I haven't been charged but I have no idea where my order is.