Cat 63days but no obvious signs of labour yet

Kirsty&tink1304

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is currently 63 days today she's constantly asleep doesn't really move much. She follows me every room I go and is constantly licking and nibbling her nipples. She's not producing milk yet although she has what feels like little sacks under 2 of them. We know she's having 5 kittens due to a scan about 2 weeks ago. Anyone have any ideas how long u reckon she will be getting impatient now lol yesterday she ate 4 pouches of kitten food and biscuits and today she has hardly had one. Is it also normal for a cat to start to hide her food she gets whatever she can get hold off and covers the bowl up which is usually t-shirts and everything and is suddenly also doing this with her litterbox. Any help would be appreciated

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do seem to lose their appetite shortly before giving birth. She's just hiding the food and the litterbox so predators won't discover it, and her. It's just a holdover from when they were wild animals. She feels more vulnerable since she's pregnant. Covering the box with T-shirts isn't exactly what she'd use in the wild. Necessity is the mother of invention, though!

Has she been rummaging around, looking for a place to nest? They do that before giving birth. You can help by making up a box or crate for her with cloths inside and somewhat covered. She may take to it or may decide on a nest of her own choosing.

Contractions take so much effort and calcium is needed for muscular action. She's been using up her own calcium supplies to make kitten bones at the same time. You could give her some KMR to supplement now as well as after she delivers. Kittens can have some later on once they start weaning, or you might need to supplement a laggard. At any rate, it's a good idea to have some on hand.

63 days might be a bit early. A little later is better, anyhow. She'll probably have her litter just when you're out shopping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kirsty&tink1304

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's been looking round the past few weeks but soon as I place a blanket where she likes to lie she moves away and won't lie there again lol she currently has 3 nest box's set up around different places in the house but no interest.since this morning tho her belly is nearly non exsist it's gone so much smaller than she was. She was huge last night and could literally see every movement the kittens were making now the movements are so little.she is currently already on some KMR that the vet recommended.

lazerbootz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat never nested and ate a lot up until the time of birth. She had none of the labor symptoms that I've read about on here, in articles or from my vet. She just started meowing early in the morning and wouldn't stop and had her a few hours afterwards. I made a few nesting boxes, but she ended up in my sons closet so I ended up moving her. She was 65 days pregnant.

lazerbootz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat never nested and ate a lot up until the time of birth. She had none of the labor symptoms that I've read about on here, in articles or from my vet. She just started meowing early in the morning and wouldn't stop and had her a few hours afterwards. I made a few nesting boxes, but she ended up in my sons closet so I ended up moving her. She was 65 days pregnant.
had her kittens*

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like the kittens are lining up to be born. That's why she looks a bit smaller. Since they're cramped-up in there, they don't have as much room to kick.

Seems like she's gonna decide where she has the kits. They can be awful stubborn when they've picked a nest and may just keep going back to the old one when they've chosen.

Do try offering her the closet. It's a nice quiet location that cats generally like. If she won't use a box, just throw some dirty clothes or an old rug on the floor and let her arrange the furniture.

Kirsty&tink1304

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Day 64 still no signs so far she's drinking alot more water today and refused to eat her breakfast. She's looking awfully uncomfortable bless her she keeps laying down for 10mins then getting up and flopping back down again.will defo post some baby photos when they are here 😊

Kirsty&tink1304

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's got her milk in by the looks of it big sacks under each teats kinda feel like she's got udders lol

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can't be much longer now. After your message I checked my cat and two of hers feel full...it's all very exciting 😃

Kirsty&tink1304

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes it definitely is can't wait for them to be here. She hardly ate today and been a lot more vocal spent nearly all day having little naps and just cleaning herself so fingers crossed its soon xx

georagg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol we shoild place our bets on which kittens will arrive first... minnie is doing the same thing

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol we shoild place our bets on which kittens will arrive first... minnie is doing the same thing
I was convinced yours would be first but I'm guessing kirsty tonight, you tomorrow and then mine Sunday 😃

Kirsty&tink1304

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks promising for tonight hopefully fingerscrossed lol she's just walking around everywhere meowing and refusing to eat today. Haha placing bets let's see which cat wins lol

Kirsty&tink1304

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tink has delivered 2 kittens so far both needing help one not looking so good born absolutely freezing. Will keep updated as she progresses.

Jen1982

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tink has delivered 2 kittens so far both needing help one not looking so good born absolutely freezing. Will keep updated as she progresses.
Congrats. I hope all goes well. I had a feeling she would go tonight. Fingers crossed x

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of advice on this site about warming up a kitten!