Castrated Cat Keeps On Peeing

jofo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I have castrated my male cat 3 months ago. He keeps on peeing on my bed every now and then. Don't know what is the issue. My wife is getting pretty nervous and if I don't find any solution I might have to give him away, which would be a shame as I have him since baby.

If there any hormone therapy, diet, or something that can help him.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For starters, are you using an enzyme cleaner on the bed? If not, it still smells to the cat and is attracting repeats. Second item, whats on the bed when this happens? A nice blanket that the cat likes to knead with his paws most likely. Beds are a super frequent spot for cats to acquire a bad habit, because they smell like you and kneading the comforter is vaguely like burying something in dirt. If you leave laundry or towels on the floor, or bathmats, its often the same issue. Anyway, assuming you have dealt with the smell properly, this is probably a habit. To break a habit, you have to starve it. Meaning either keep him out of the bedroom for a week or put the blanket in the closet (although a determined cat could still kneed the sheet & mattress cover so exclusion is best). The final likely possibility is that the cat could have a UTI. Since you currently think its just the bed, assuming you are correct a UTI isn't the most likely scenario, but is possible, and something to keep in mind if other spots emerge when you prevent access to the bed.

If you have a blacklight, something like: , I'd go around the house and play sleuth. Maybe don't tell your wife what you find until you check back with us...I've found that wives tend to get horrified by blacklight evidence :) If you find more spots, my advice is to go to the vet first off.

Last edited:

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember that much more then cat pee will show up under black light. Some cleaners will even glow. So don't be TOO horrified by what you see :)

I would rule out a UTI also just to be sure. Because you can try everything in the world but if its health related it is not going to help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jofo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thx guys, I'll get my hands "dirty" this weekend.

:)