Carpet Cleaner: Best For Feces & Vomit?

graphitepaddle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good news: Oxy Solution, by Simple Solution, does a stellar job on these stains, as well as diarrhea. Have light gray carpet, and there is visual or odor evidence of the accidents.

Bad news: Cannot find it anywhere, including the company's website ... and I'm starting to run low. E-mailed them, in case they renamed it to something else.

What commercial products are the most effective for these stains?

This last round of problems was caused by one of the kittens getting G.I. tract infection (suspected), so it's not a chronic problem.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi - Ace Hardware carries a product called Lifter-1 (at least, they did a few months ago) that's a good carpet stain remover for these issues - a lot better than Resolve ever was.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

graphitepaddle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Agree w. Furballsmom about Resolve ... minimal effectiveness. What about ? Or ? Asking because both get high reviews on Amazon, and lots of them.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After testing it on a hidden area of carpet, I have been using plain hydrogen peroxide for stains. It is the active ingredient in the Oxi products if I am not mistaken. I know a vet tech friend uses it to remove blood stains from her scrubs. Best of all it is inexpensive. I treat the stain, scrub with a brush it if needed, then shampoo with regular carpet shampoo. The shampoo i use is one that is a formula for pet stains too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

graphitepaddle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Lynda,

But you are talking too much work: Rather spend $$ on a good cleaner, that requires minimal effort. But you piqued my curiosity, and sure enough, the 2nd ingredient after my favorite cleaner is: H2O2, preceded by purified water.

Now you have thinking: The 2 products are I included links to from Amazon.com, are biologics, which might be very effective, but in my house hydrogen peroxide-based cleaners are proven.