Carol/LaRussa

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just now catching up to this thread, @Winchester. My sincerest condolences on the loss of your friend. I'm so sorry. I didn't know Carol personally, but I remember seeing her posts. And from what you describe, it sounds like she was a wonderful, caring person. I'm glad that Autumn has found a home. My thoughts are with Carol's sister for healing and the strength to get through this. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Pam, I am so sorry to hear this... my sincere condolences on your loss....she sound like an awesome person...sorry

I am glad Autumn has a new home... hopefully it works out well

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's sad that this is how things turned out for Carol but sometimes death can be a blessing. I'm sure that knowing that Autumn will be in a loving home helped make it easier for her to cross over. May she RIP, She was a sweet lady. She didn't deserve to suffer. I hope that Autumn's new life will suit her perfectly until the day comes when she and Carol are reunited. I have no doubt that Carol will watch over her. 

I feel for Carol's sister. She's really getting hit from all angles. She is in my thoughts as well. 
  ......perfectly said, and i feel the same way.

...sending
that Autumn moves to her new home/family very soon, and settles in well and quickly.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It's sad that this is how things turned out for Carol but sometimes death can be a blessing. I'm sure that knowing that Autumn will be in a loving home helped make it easier for her to cross over. May she RIP, She was a sweet lady. She didn't deserve to suffer. I hope that Autumn's new life will suit her perfectly until the day comes when she and Carol are reunited. I have no doubt that Carol will watch over her. 

I feel for Carol's sister. She's really getting hit from all angles. She is in my thoughts as well. :sigh:
:yeah:   ......perfectly said, and i feel the same way.

...sending :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: that Autumn moves to her new home/family very soon, and settles in well and quickly.
:yeah: I can't put it any better. I'm so, so sorry. RIP Carol :heart3:

Mega :vibes: for Autumn - that she finds a new home soon and settles in well :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Carol, Pam. It wasn't unexpected, but it was still a bit of a shock to hear. She will be missed. She sounds like she was quite a character...how nice that you knew her in real life as well. I however feel very badly for her sister, my gosh, and am sending her lots of prayers. [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128532[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji]

But what a relief Autumn suddenly has a new home. I think her mommy angel was looking out for her.

You take care, Pam.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, Pam. I suppose she's in a better place.
I hope little autumn will be happy in a family with two cats and that they welcome her nicely. She must have been so puzzled being alone all the time. Poor little mite.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm very sorry, Pam.  Carol's sister must be wrecked--that's too many losses and too much stress at once.

I'm glad there's some good news and that Autumn has a good home to go to.  

Thank you for sharing all of this with us.  

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no :( I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts go out to her and her family (Autumn included), and you Pam. I'm so glad that she had a good friend like you and I know she would be pleased that you looked out for her and her baby so much.

:grphug2:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear this.

I enjoyed Carol's posts, she was quite a character. I'm glad that she went quickly without too much suffering. It's very sad for the people left behind. Please pass on my condolences to her family. She will be missed on TCS.

I'm sure Carol would be greatly comforted to know that Autumn will be going to a loving home. We all have to go at some time and knowing our pets will be taken care of must make it so much easier.

RIP Carol.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Carol passed away yesterday; her sister called me last night, but I never heard the phone. I called her back this morning and she just now called me back again. They're not sure about services yet; they know she wanted to be cremated. That's all I know. Her sister isn't in a good shape to be talking right now....she has breast cancer that has spread into her back. In the past six months, she lost one of her sons, she lost her dog, and now she has lost her only sister. She is not in a good place.

Autumn does have a new home. The neighbor who was caring for her had posted her picture on FB and a friend told her she wanted to take Autumn home. She and her husband have two other cats and she fell in love with Autumn's picture. My understanding from Carol's sister is that the people are very nice and they're looking forward to bringing Autumn into their lives.

Thank you for your prayers, vibes, good thoughts, both for Carol and for Autumn (and for me, too). Like I said, I've known Carol for a long time, and while we didn't always agree on everything and we had some tough times together, throughout it all, we remained good friends. She was a good person, very opinionated, but she would do anything she could for anybody. And she and I had some good times together. I know that this is probably the best thing for her; she would not have wanted to live this way. And I'm really glad that Autumn will have a new home and new parents to love her. 

Thank you for being there. 
I am so sorry Pam.

I know that life can be so fragile, and 'turn on a dime', and illness can strike at any time. It's beautiful, too, in that we make connections, and friends, and are reminded to appreciate those around us,

and also send virtual hugs to others we cannot always be with. Though, I take people for granted, often, and forget to.

I was thinking back on the thread last year, which only seemed like 'yesterday'... about Carol's computer, and how you were helping her to find a new one.

On that thread, you and Carol, both helped me decide on the features I wanted to buy for my sister's laptop, both on the thread and behind the scenes.

I wanted to just share a few lines that Carol wrote me, about you, in the one PM...dated on Mar 22, 2015 at 10:19 am...from LaRussa...

"I really like Windows 7 Pro, like you said it takes time to figure some things out. 

Pam is and always has been a lifesaver for me, back in 2006 she even ordered my first Dell for me and this is only my second computer and again Pam is helping.  If she is helping you, you will learn a lot.

Bye for now."

I knew right from that last line, that Carol thought the world of you too. It was very obvious.

Rest in Peace, Carol. May you relax in Heaven, or over the Bridge, where there are no illnesses, or pain, and where you do whatever you want. Look in on this community, when you have the time.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

'No Man is an Island'

Code:
No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as any manner of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
I am diminished.  Pam, I am so sorry for your deep personal loss.  I read her posts and so enjoyed them.  The tiny ray of light in this is that Autumn has a home.  I was so worried for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your posts. 

http://www.gosselinfuneralhome.com/notices/Carol-Pascal

Carol and I have PMed, emailed, etc every day for so long, until she went into hospital. We chatted, we argued, we fought (like hell sometimes), we threatened to never speak to each other again, we laughed, and we cried together when cats passed away. We didn't like the same books, we didn't like the same tv shows or movies, we didn't like the same music. (When the X-Files came back, she tried to watch the episodes, but she didn't care for them.
 I kept saying, "You don't have to watch it!" and she kept saying, "I want to see what you find so freaking fascinating about that show!" And every Tuesday afternoon, I'd get this email where she'd say, "I'm done with that! I don't like it!") And throughout all the years and everything we went through, I thought the world of her. 

She lived for her computer, for tv shows, and she was an avid reader. James Patterson was her favorite author and she would read and even re-read his books. 

Carol adored Misty and was so distraught when Misty passed. She found Autumn at the shelter and, although I know she dearly loved Miss Autumn, her heart always belonged to Misty. I don't think she ever got over losing her. She always thought our Hydrox, The Old Coot, was a very special kitty, and she always wanted to meet him, but he died before she could get over to visit with us. She loved our BooBoo and she thought the absolute world of my Banshee. Carol was sitting on our living room floor one night and Banshee came over to her and flopped over and showed Carol her belly. Carol couldn't believe it; she had never known a cat to do that when she didn't even know the person. But Banshee knew she could trust her.

She was big on family; she worshipped Theresa (she called her "Tree" because, when she was a little girl, she couldn't say "Theresa" and the name stuck....I even call her Tree), her older sister, and her nieces and nephews; she talked about them a lot to me and she was very proud of them. I met Tree when a GF and I went to Jersey to visit with Carol and we all had dinner together; she's a nice woman and she'd do anything she could for people.

Carol did love her Cardinals and many of you will remember that her name "LaRussa" came from Tony La Russa, who was the Cardinals' manager for many years. 

It's amazing how you can be such good friends with somebody you met over the internet. And with Carol, what you saw was what you got. She didn't put on airs, she didn't try to be somebody she wasn't, she was honest, sometimes brutally so. She was very opinionated and wasn't afraid to tell you exactly what she thought in no uncertain terms.

RIP, Carol. I know you're at the Bridge with your beloved Misty. I miss you and I miss your emails and your PMs.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
It's amazing how you can be such good friends with somebody you met over the internet.
It is... it really is. I've met two groups of folks, from different fansites. The first group was from a M*A*S*H fansite. I've become really good friends with two of the folks I met. Next year will mark the 20 year anniversary that we met in person. I've seen one through his coming out, the hard times he went through with that, a relationship and a breakup, and now finally in a good relationship with a nice guy that he just adores. My other friend, I've seen her through many of her own issues, her pulling herself back up and getting into a career she loves and always wanted - vet tech. She is the one who I got Maple from. And both have seen me hit absolutely rock-bottom and struggle to survive during my very bad depression many years ago. Never judged me for it (some did). Both very down to earth people who have found their own unique places in this crazy world.

And I can't imagine losing either one of them. I'm so sorry for your loss Pam. I truly can't even imagine what you are going through right now. It sounds like you were really great friends. Even if you did get into heated arguments over some crazy things. Thank you for sharing your friendship with her, with us. :hugs:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh goodness. I just looked at the obituary and saw that Carol lived only about 10 minutes from where I do.  

I don't know if we would have been in the position to take Autumn, but would have considered it had I known.  SO glad to hear that she will be well taken care of by Carol's loved ones.

Pam - I also didn't realize just how close you were with each other. My belated condolences to you as well.