caring for declawed cats

cla517

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't worry. Some cats have no problems after a declaw. (My two never had an once of trouble). I understand the argument against it and I probably wouldn't have done it if I had known at the time, but my two boys are fine! Plus, you shouldn't feel bad! You have a reason to have them declawed. I'm sure your kitties are happy to have a great home with a great owner!

ilovejb1979

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
c1atsite,

Thanks for making me feel better.. Yes they are my babys.. They are like my kids I tell you.. LOL.. I am such a big cat lover that I even like the panthers and everything.. Not that I would "try" to have them as pets.. But they are nice and pretty to look at.. My buddy looks like one since he is all black.. He's just a mini me of a panther! hehehe..

ilovejb1979

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
c1atsite, I was just kididng.. No need to be sorry.. t the time they had it done I felt bad..

khls97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!

We had a problem very similar to this a couple of years ago with our cat, Kasey. Eventually, we ended up locking her in the room w/the litterbox in it for awhile, and out of frustration - completely removing all of the litter. She then went in the litterbox with no litter, but would not go prior to that no matter what kind of litter (or newspaper) we tried. We did the empty litterbox thing until the vet okay'ed the switch back to her normal litter, and have had relatively few problems since (other than her getting stressed out w/us being gone for a week, leaving her w/a stranger in our home). We have recently gotten a new kitten, and (knock on wood) Kasey has still been using her litterbox as normal. Good luck!