Caring for a stray kitten - need help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtaylor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been keeping a very close eye on him. He pooped again this morning and it was mostly the toothpaste consistency like you described. It's very messy though. I have to clean him off in the sink every time he poops. I do this by holding him in both hands while my mom slowly pours warm water over his bottom, and then I cuddle him in a blanket until he is completely dry.

I was going to bring him to our vet today, but I guess they're closed for the long weekend and won't open again until Wednesday. My dad thinks it would be a waste of money, and assumes it would be a $100+ bill. We have kittens die outside all the time, and I feel like if I can save one of their lives, then that's great.

How much pumpkin should I feed him? We've fed it to our dog before so I know what kind to look for.

I'm also going to get some of the non-clumping litter today.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How much pumpkin should I feed him? We've fed it to our dog before so I know what kind to look for.

I'm also going to get some of the non-clumping litter today.
A small teaspoon perhaps.  Or even less.  Begin with little, you can increase later on.

xxtaylor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, thank you. I just called a different vet and they're going to look at him later today. I'll check back in here later and give you an update on what they say.

xxtaylor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He passed away this afternoon :( Thank you everyone for your advice and encouragement. I'm very glad that I was able to give this guy a fighting chance and prolong his life, even though it was only for a week.