Care to wish us luck?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just got home, brought back the kitty and the kitchen set. Kitty's name is Fly (he likes to climb the walls) He is upstairs in the catroom and complaining quite loudly about it. Tonight we sleep with our earplugs in!

It was a good show for us, and I am glad to say I am home safe. Call me paranoid but sitting in a huge room with guns, ammo and people walking around was making me a tad nervous. But they had great security and even arrested a teenager who was trying to steal knives from our table. there were about 8 of them and they had congregated near our table talking and whispering and pointing and nudging each other- not to slick for thieves, so by the time they made it over to our table we knew something was up. Two tried to distract Mike and two more tried to get me to the other side of the table, while two stood in the middle handling the knives. When one of our knives went into this kid's pocket without him paying for it, Mike grabbed him and held him till security arrived. The sad part about it, this kid took a chance like that for a $5.00 pocketknife!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you are home safe and sound!!!
Glad you got to keep the kitchen set as well!!! Can't wait to see pictures of Fly!!

Good thing Mike caught those kids trying to steal!!! I am sure they would not have had good intentions with those knives!!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy, congrats on a great show. Did you sell your kitchen set?

I am working on the hubby to take a trip to Vegas for that weekend! We'll see if I can talk him into it!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like you guys had a very productive and lucrative weekend.
I'm sure those knives sell like hotcakes. Just to reassure you a little, I've been going to gun shows with my dad since I was little, and I've never heard of even accidental firings at one. The merchants are generally very, very careful with their merchandise (making sure that the guns are not loaded before or during the show), even if all the "customers" aren't.

Even a productive kitty weekend, too! Timing is everything, and I'm glad the time and place was right for the lady setting up the shelter and for Fly.

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Good to hear the the show went well and that you got to keep the kitchen set

Good luck with Fly. He climbs walls? I sometimes wish Russell would do something like that but when I think about it seriously I'm gald he doesn't. ^_^