Carbs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

If you need a VERY VERY accurate CALL THE COMPANY ...
I missed this. I believe that info on the site I provided is from the company.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

You knew I missed that
... but I note they arent taking out the fiber..I never used to but fiber on a label is insouble thus unusable to the cat

What does this mean? Fiber is unusable to the cat? I read that fiber has benefits to cats especially to ones that are obese or have IBD.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitytize

What does this mean? Fiber is unusable to the cat? I read that fiber has benefits to cats especially to ones that are obese or have IBD.
Nutritionally unusable I believe is what sharky means. Insoluable fiber just passes through the system resulting in larger, fluffier stools.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

And I missed that you left out the fiber.

Given that, your formula yields 35.6% carbs vs 40% in the chart for the Hill's.

But.. For Solid Gold blended tuna your formula yields 3.6% carbs vs 21% in the chart.

I should probably let this go. I wanted to correct my posting but I still think such a simple formula isn't good for general use. OK, I'll it go now..
LMAO..we are learning today .. that is the DRY formula simple... wet you have to take out the moisture and then proceded
21% seem very high for a formula with only a binding amount of tapicoa starch

Originally Posted by mschauer

Nutritionally unusable I believe is what sharky means. Insoluable fiber just passes through the system resulting in larger, fluffier stools.
EXACTLY.. Fiber is of no nutritional value as it is passed through which is a great thing for some