car insurance?

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well they don't always refer to it as credit checking, but they do use parts of your credit score to determine what sort of risk you are. Something about statistics.. but trust me, a lot of companies use it now.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure you find out all the discounts you can get, too. They give discounts for lots of stuff, like good grades and such. And also make sure you get the right coverage. Don't get more than you need but don't get "minimum coverage" either because you end up paying way more if something happens.
I have State Farm renter's insurance, and I've never had to make a claim, but I like it alright.
I was in a really bad car accident once and the woman who hit us had Progressive, they did a good job of getting us a rental car and paying for the car which had been totalled. (We were in the middle of nowhere, too).

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have Progressive and pay about $600 a year for a '95 Geo. I like them alright, the first woman I talked too was really helpful when I was first getting my insurance. When I did hit someone later on (my first and only accident) I think they did pay for a rental car and all the damages...

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of a public MB getting in trouble for individuals posting their opinions about certain companies - esp. if is OK to only give positive slants (then perhaps TCS deserves some marketing $$)..

Weird. I post on 10 different MBs - which is how I heard the negative stuff about the company "that shant be named".

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaleetha

I have Progressive and pay about $600 a year for a '95 Geo. I like them alright, the first woman I talked too was really helpful when I was first getting my insurance. When I did hit someone later on (my first and only accident) I think they did pay for a rental car and all the damages...
Wow, $600 a year..that is super cheap!! Insurance is really expensive in Ontario..It sucks..I don't even get a discount and I sell the stuff