Car colors

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may be getting to be an old fuddy duddy, even a geezer, but man, the colors they are putting on cars these days must be designed by someone who started working for the car companies in 1940. They are so DULLLLLLLLL! All grays, blacks, silvers, pale golds, blues. Nothing that really pops.
You are not an old fuddy duddy; DH and I complain about the lack of color options constantly. His first little Honda was a beautiful emerald green; we had striping put on it-yellow and tan-and that color just popped! We sit at stop lights sometimes and count the white and silver/grey cars that go by; it's astounding.
My car, a 67 Mustang, is a color called Fiesta Turquoise and it's fabulous. If we could choose any color for our next Honda (and there will be another CRV in our future, I'm sure) DH likes that funny 'grasshopper green' color; I like the burnt orange. At this point, neither color is available on the Honda CRV

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My current truck is black, & although it looks really nice when clean (which is never) working on a construction site with a black truck isn't the best.

So I have my black truck & my silver with blue stripes 1965 Cobra in the garage.

If I were to buy another car/truck it would probably be silver. yes, I am boring, but I can not stand those new colorful cars. I've aways hated red & especially dislike that new "sunset orange/copper" color that is so popular now.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
any car and any color right

it would be a tossup!

Krypton Green
or

Chrome Orange

I have a thing for Lotuses
or is it Loti?
Lotus'?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our camaro is red. If it was up to me, it would be any colour except red. I hate red, especially on cars. We got the car for free so its not a big deal.

When we buy a new car, it will not be red. Probably blue or black, but my husband really likes orange.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Cavalier was black. I love black its such a crisp clean color but a pain in the bum to maintain. The Explorer is tan but depending on the brightness outside it can look silver.

I would loveeeeee the new dodge orange. I forget the name but bf just painted his cousins chevelle that color in single stage and vowed never again. If we repaint the Explorer it will be painted that orange in 2 stage or we will just redo the current color. It depends on how we feel about wet sanding, its delicate work wet sanding with all that metal flake in it and if it lays wrong then ugh.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost all my vehicles have been shades of red:

Chevy S10 bright red; Chevy Impala SS maroon; Ford Focus bright red ; Ford Cobra bright red ; Chevy Corvette candy red (nicest paint job so far).

I'm not a supremacist or anything, but my next car will definitely be white.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Bright (taxi-cab) yellow is supposedly the safest color to have, since it's recognizable in all lighting conditions.
You saw our Cobalt?

It's been hit twice, once before we paid the first payment on it! Both by young people disobeying the law and not paying attention.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a lot of colors but not red. Red does not fit my personality at all and cops can find you very easily, lol. My car is a mint green, very light tho. I don't like bright yellow or purples. Black is always good.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My color of choice is Blue. My 1997 Jimmy is blue. I bought it because of the color. When I saw it on the lot I knew I was going to buy it before I even got in it.

For several months I had been looking for a replacement for my 1991 Jimmy, also blue, but was having no luck finding what I wanted. My plan was to buy a newer year but could not find any in blue that I liked. Then I saw this.

When the time comes to replace this one I have no idea what I want. It has been my opinion for some time that there are no cool cars these days. At least none that I can afford.

Actually, not too long ago I was thinking about what I would do if something happened and I had to buy something in a hurry. My solution would be to buy something I liked and if it were the wrong color I could have it repainted blue.

I know, I'm an oddball.