Capilex Feline Hairball Control chews

misterginja

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

For those of you who use Capilex (or know of it), the website Login - Aurora Animal Health was excellent for years (thank you again P paul1 ) but they are no longer accepting orders.

Does anyone know of another online source to purchase Capilex at? Animal clinics in my region still don't carry it, they used to years ago—I plan to ask if my cat's clinic can order it directly from the company (Bock Vet Pharma), but I am unsure if a small amount can be purchased and also worry the clinic will inflate the price when charging me, as happens for all other products bought through them. These chews have worked great for my cat, really want to find a way to get them again for him, and without getting overcharged if that's possible.

Thanks in advance for any info!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You could call around to local vets/clinics and see if they offer it. Most of these places don't care if you are a client of theirs, they are just happy to sell it. You might even call BockVetPharma and ask who they sell it to as you are interested in finding another source. You can tell them about getting it through Aurora Animal Health who no longer is taking orders. They might be willing to cooperate.

Beyond that, I'd start with looking at the ingredients and comparing them to other hairball remedies. Odds are you can find something just like or very similar to Capliex. INGREDIENTS: Vegetable Oil, Maltodextrin, Croscarmellose Sodium, Flavor, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Lecithin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Bromelain

I'll tell you one thing, I was giving my cat a hairball 'treat' and thought it was working great, only to find out it wasn't doing much of anything when she stopped eating them. I guess it was her transition to a wet food only diet and regular brushings that had more to do with it than the treats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misterginja

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your message, I think I'll reach out to Bock Pharma again---I had asked them for a list of nearby clinics, then called around & went in person, but none on the list still sold it. Not sure why, it's a really good product that tastes good (to my cat at least) and has done what it needs to without side effects. He's been on a wet diet for a long time, and gets daily brushings, so there's nothing else to do in that way, the hairball chews have been an occasional treat for maintenance. Every time he eats one, the next day there is fur in his litterbox gifts : )