Can't keep cat out of windowsills

impossible cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten has just been spayed and her vet recommended that she not jump or climb up anything. Which leads to my problem, the living room windowsill is her favorite purch. I've tried everything I can think of to keep her off, vinegar, citrus, double sided tape. Nothing seems to deture her.Has anyone had luck keeping cats out of the windows with any other ways?

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes following the after-spaying guidelines is next to impossible! In this case, I think you might be better off just to provide her a temporary makeshift easy series of steps with whatever you have lying around so she can get to the windowsill without stretching and bounding too much. Laying in the windowsill actually sounds like a good way for her to rest and recovery and not get too bored! 

Kittens recovery from spaying pretty quickly because they're still growing, so if they're recovering well after the first couple days with limited activity, I generally think letting them do what they like is fine after that as long as you keep an eye on them and the surgical sites for the next couple weeks. Most vets recommend longer, but the kittens I've seen all bounce back really well after resting for just a day or two.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many cats love window sills. I wouldn't try to discourage her. A ramp of some sort to help her get up there is ideal.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Make a set of steps . Cat in window vs. human is a losing game. Plus sitting in the window is usually quiet time.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, there was no keeping Penelopy out of the cat tree after she was fixed. The day of she didn't go in it, but the next day she did. And after that she was back to wrestling with the boys.