can't hold down dry food

paige woodward

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!
So I've been feeding Tink Orijen dry food since I got her when she was 10 weeks old (she is 9 months old now). I also feed her a rotation of wet food.

The other day she started throwing up the dry food. It was coming back up instantly, undigested. The weird part was, she continued throwing up tiny amounts of it for hours even after I removed the food.

I took away the dry food for over 24 hours and she held down the wet food without a problem. My boyfriend just gave her dry food and instantly she threw it up undigested about 4 times throughout our apartment.

Any thoughts as to what is going on here?

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all!
So I've been feeding Tink Orijen dry food since I got her when she was 10 weeks old (she is 9 months old now). I also feed her a rotation of wet food.

The other day she started throwing up the dry food. It was coming back up instantly, undigested. The weird part was, she continued throwing up tiny amounts of it for hours even after I removed the food.

I took away the dry food for over 24 hours and she held down the wet food without a problem. My boyfriend just gave her dry food and instantly she threw it up undigested about 4 times throughout our apartment.

Any thoughts as to what is going on here?
Take away the dry.  I used Orijen on my kitty once upon a time and he had the same reaction.  Not sure why.  I think it's pretty rich food.  All I know is I stopped it and soon after he developed crystals so he was on a SO Urinary diet always.

Wet is always better anyway.  If it keeps up, please call the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

paige woodward

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply! I've been feeding her wet only and so far so good! Might try finding another brand of dry just to have when I'm out of the house for long periods. She's still growing and eats so much it's hard to keep up with just wet food right now haha

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Tink is doing well.  If you poke around on this Site, you will find many threads regarding dry foods, and what members thought of the different brands.

Thanks for the update.