Can't find homes for kittens

dtetrev

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww those are some cute kittys. I think your idea of showing them off during the yard sale is great. After all how many people can really resist those cute faces in person
. All they need to do is rub up against them once & purr, & it's all over

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel and her babies are sooo pretty! I agree with hockeygrrl75 that most of us here understand your situation and realize you are trying your hardest to do what is best for both the animals and the humans in your home, and that the health of your son has to come first.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wanted to add something here that you may not have thought of, especially pertaining to showing them off at a yard sale. We have just put up an Adoption Agreement for Rescued Cats on Save Samoa. OK, actually, it isn't even up yet, but I'll give you the direct addresses to the forms.
Especially if you are going to adopt them to people you don't have regular contact with, this gives a little more formality and assures you, the Rescuer, that they are going to people with good intentions, and to good homes.

Here it is in Microsoft Word: http://www.straypetadvocacy.org/PDF/...nAgreement.doc

Here it is in Adobe Acrobat:

http://www.straypetadvocacy.org/PDF/...nAgreement.pdf

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Imagyne
Excuse me but when did you get to be the king of all rescues?? Is there any particular reason for your absolute utter holier than thou attitude, or have you just become heartless to people's feeling? Not everyone is in a perfect position to what YOU think is the right thing to do... people do the best they can. Instead of trying to help this situation, you've managed yet again to create some sort of animosity simply because you can. Do you actually think that drivel you just spouted is apt to influence the decisions of anyone???? Or do you just get off on making someone feel like s**t when they already do.

Perhaps you've been so jaded by your experiences, that it really doesn't matter to you anymore how other people feel, OR what the situation is before you commence to pummel people with drama, cuz that's all it is, drama....

Maybe you just need to take a step back, and remember that people come here for help and advice, not to be beat up....

As far as answering this post, don't even bother, whatever it is that you have to say can't justify the remarks you made......

Ken
and second quote to follow in next post.........

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitties look SO cute! I wish you luck. You're a good person for taking in that stray and sticking by her.

When I lived in Michigan, we didn't have an affordable option for spaying/neutering either. So I understand where you're coming from.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
Tybalt you just don't get it do you. Do you think that shocking people and hurting their feelings is the answer to everything? So you worked at a shelter, you are not a God and you have no right to pass judgement on anyone! She is trying to keep these kittens out of the shelter and you badgering her and leaving her shame on you messages just makes you look bad. But you can't see this, because of your so-called crusade you are on.

She should not have let the cat escape so it could get pregnant, but it was an accident. You have been sitting in judgement on this board for a long time, and you tear down everything this board stands for. It stands for tolerance, for education and we do not bully members, whether they are brand new or if they are older ones. There are ways to accomplish things, and you always seem to take the wrong path. I truly feel sorry for you and anyone unfortunate enough to want to worship that path you are on.
I have to say I agree with both of these quotes. I don't know you Tybalt, and have nothing at all against you, but you shouldn't be so harsh with people...my mother always told me you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. What do you think being so harsh with people will accomplish? It just hurts people.

I live on a farm and have many feral and stray females show up here every summer. I get them spayed of course, but sometimes I have more than one show up at once and cannot afford it right that second....so what do I do? Take it to a shelter where it will possibly be killed? No...I scrap together some money as soon as I can and get them fixed...but SOMETIMES in between...they get pregnant. I can't help it....I do my best...I don't ask them to come here, but I treat them with love and care as soon as they do...but money does not grow on trees...and yes...I have a computer so please don't say if I can afford a computer I can afford to have all these cats spayed/neutered the second they wander onto my property.....so judge away....but I do the best I can and never turn any of these homeless cats who show up here away. I also keep the kittens if they happen to be pregnant when they show up or before I get them spayed, and I DO spay/neuter...and agree with it 100% but at times it isn't financially possible right at the time! I do it as soon as I can.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh...and one other thing:

Originally posted by Tybalt
What you did was hideously irresponsible and now the kittens may end up paying for it with their lives. So I am judging you, but there is a higher judge watching you as well.
Yes...he is watching all of us...and you as well...and I think "ye who is without sin may cast the first stone" pretty much sums it up.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just so I am clear...I am 100% in favor of spay/neutering your cats....but when you have several cats every summer walk onto your property....or when someone throws one out a car window for pete's sake....you do the best you can!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Tybalt
What you did was hideously irresponsible and now the kittens may end up paying for it with their lives. So I am judging you, but there is a higher judge watching you as well.
IMO, the person who acted irresponsibly was the one who threw Angel out of a car window!