can't figure my cat out

metusion

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 bengal cats.
The older one (2 years old) is a very confident and playful cat.
The younger one loves to play, but isn't very confident. Now, no matter what I do, the younger cat doesn't seem to be confident.
I play with her daily for at least 30min, have scratch poles installed, wall mounts and a big balcony to play on.
I can see in her eyes that she always feels suspicious and on guard. She has also peed on the bed and sofa every now and then (mostly on the soft blankets). I have 3 big litter boxes with the softest sand (she uses those too).
When I got her as a kitten she was rather confident. The only time I see that side of her now is when I give her favourite food.
What can I do to boost her confidence and make the odd and annoying peeing stop?
I just want to see her happy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

metusion

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let me add that she gets along perfectly with the other cat so no doninance issues as far as I can tell

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know much about Bengals, so don't know if any of what you've described might be a "Bengal trait". However, peeing outside the litter box can be a sign of a UTI. Has she been to the vet since that behaviour started? Also, have you cleaned the linens and other places where she's peed with an enzyme cleaner. If not, she might be able to still smell her urine scent, and that could be why she keeps peeing in those spots.

Here's some TCS articles with more info:
How To Solve Litterbox Problems In Cats: The Ultimate Guide | TheCatSite
Litterbox Problems? Here's Why You Should Call Your Vet | TheCatSite
Inappropriate Peeing, Spraying, Toy Obsession And Leg And Hand Nipping | TheCatSite
Spraying: When Your Cat Uses Urine To Mark Territory | TheCatSite

How To Get Cat Pee Smell Out Of Clothes And Linens | TheCatSite

About her lack of confidence, perhaps something in this older TCS thread might be helpful:
Advice For Increasing Confidence?

Or this TCS article:
16 Top Cat Experts Share Tips For Dealing With Timid Cats – Cat Articles