Can't edit posts

teeveecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One thread said I should be seeing a pencil icon in the lower left hand corner of my post, but all I see is a flag icon. Can I be given the edit function? Is there any reason that's not a default option?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
One thread said I should be seeing a pencil icon in the lower left hand corner of my post, but all I see is a flag icon. Can I be given the edit function? Is there any reason that's not a default option?
Ah, this is because your member status is still a Newbie. You need to be at kitten status to be able to edit posts.

Now you need 5 posts to become kitten status - I see that you have 8 posts :nod: Sometimes you have to wait a few hours after meeting the criteria for new title for the system to update it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teeveecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know why the option to edit isn't automatically added. Shouldn't someone be able to instantly correct themselves if they know they've posted a word or two in error? Why force members to respond to something that the original poster knows should be corrected?

Update - I just noticed I've been given the ability to edit my posts! :clap:

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't know why the option to edit isn't automatically added. Shouldn't someone be able to instantly correct themselves if they know they've posted a word or two in error? Why force members to respond to something that the original poster knows should be corrected?
The simple answer is spammers. A common spammer tactic is to write a post, then go back and edit their spam link in so it doesn't get caught by spam filters. We've definitely seen it here.

If you've posted something you need edited, feel free to PM' myself or any Mod and we can take care of it for you. Another option would be to report your post and in the comments, let us know what needs to be changed. To report a post, simply click on the red flag in the bottom left-hand corner of the post.

Hope that helps. :).

Last edited: